Global warming is in fact entirely natural and has already peaked

ProDave

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

I wonder what analysis and modelling has been done about that?

It is an active topic of research. https://earth.esa.int/eogateway/news/long-term-satellite-data-show-wind-farms-can-affect-local-air-currents, for instance, or https://phys.org/news/2016-11-solar-island-effect-large-scale-power.html for instance.

As with the car parks in a previous thread, it's almost like we might benefit from planning some aspects of this transition.

7 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Except it’s not. It’s the imbalance of consumption. Look how much more your average American consumes compared to just about every other country. If resources were more evenly distributed the planet could support more people. The good news is the rate of population growth is slowing down. The bad news is that doesn’t support a continually growing GDP model. We need to invent matter replicators and abundant free energy. Do away with capitalism and develop a one World Government led by science. 

A government led by the science. You mean like the last 3 years? Or was that "the science".

Id prefer not to have any more of that, thanks.

4 hours ago, ProDave said:

, if you build a LOT of wind turbines and solar farms, and extract a LOT of energy from the natural environment, then SOMETHING is going to change

Good question.

Energy in = energy out. So anything that harvests the sun is good.

Solar good, ashp good. Hydro good.

Wave and wind power come from the sun too, but also from the earth spinning and tides.

I think it has been calculated that the tidal basin in South Wales would slow the earth's rotation by a miniscule amount by the water dragging behind the tide.

Erecting lots of wind turbines will slow the wind...does that matter? I have no idea, but gut feeling is that it is OK. Buildings slow wind too, as do forests.

Whatever, it is all better than harvesting the sun's energy from millions of years ago and burning it in a hurry, as gas,oil and coal

If anyone knows more I, too , would like to hear.

• Like 1

What we need is something that we can produce in this country. can install for 5K. That will produce 1.25K's worth of energy every year. (Payback in 4 years), and will last say 8 years. I had avery smart client a few years ago. She invented coloured x-rays, which are used all over the world at ports, airports etc. She made a fortune. She didn't need money, so wanted to try and provide some sort of energy providing source that would be so cheap as to be all but free for the world.  (Have her name live long after her) The last time i spoke to her, she had come up with some very cheap heating system. She explained it as making atoms rush around really fast, bumping into each other and making lots of heat. She went on to say that the problem was that people were also made of atoms, and was concerned about people being around the atom super fast bumpy thing at the same time. She thought it would basically kill them. There is hope however that there are some very smart people out there.

7 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

She explained it as making atoms rush around really fast, bumping into each other and making lots of heat. She went on to say that the problem was that people were also made of atoms, and was concerned about people being around the atom super fast bumpy thing at the same time. She thought it would basically kill them.

Isn’t that what a microwave does in the kitchen?

9 hours ago, joe90 said:

Isn’t that what a microwave does

Yes

9 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

making atoms rush around really fast, bumping into each other and making lots of heat

That is the very definition of heat. In other words she has invented a way of heating things. I wonder where the energy for that comes from.