How big is your plant room?

LnP

• 1 month later...

I’d say your numbers are skewed a bit by ProDave’s as he never used all of it and the plant is split between spaces and nod’s (12.5mx1.2m ? )  We sacrificed a bit of width (500mm) to widen the hall as otherwise would have been a bit long and narrow. I looked at taking some space from the utility room and moving the hallway down a bit but it would have meant re-doing the drawings and adjusting the steels so it will have to do. 

Just to throw it in there ours is 6m wide and 4m deep.  In the roof, fully insulated.  It houses gas boiler big buffer and MVHR unit, but mostly full of stuff used as as store.

Also have a fully insulated water shed, with all the borehole electrics, filters etc, 2.4m X 1.2m, this will soon house the ASHP expansion vessel, manifold and some electrics.

Edited by JohnMo
Missed details
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Never one to miss an opportunity for analysis:

image.jpeg.4daf681118afe6963aa5e170bdec55b3.jpeg

Don't I hold the record 😊 -- a cupboard, 0.7m × 1.4m, with floor-to-ceiling bifold doors off the GFL toilet.   The MVHR is in a warm loft room that is used for storage, drying, and my son's clothes hanging.  It was a trade-off as the house was footprint limited because of plot and planning restrictions, so the extra 14m2 was better used for a couple of bedroom ensuites.

I realised today I’m selling my plant room short because technically I have two. I have all the borehole filtration system, softener, water tank and pump plus the PV system and batteries going in the garage which is 10.5m x 6m. 😂 

11 hours ago, Kelvin said:

I realised today I’m selling my plant room short because technically I have two. I have all the borehole filtration system, softener, water tank and pump plus the PV system and batteries going in the garage which is 10.5m x 6m. 😂

Another impressive example. Some pics would be nice. Again pushing the average up. Might need to update the table @Alan Ambrose😄