Outdoor sink

Pocster

I had a Belfast sink under the outside tap (no hot!) in my last house, very useful I found. Got it for £10 off eBay or Facebook. Put mine on brick pillars but you can get cast iron wall brackets.

• Like 1

Was planning to hep20 to the sink . But Hep2o can’t be exposed outside can it ?

Also the taps will have to be wall mounted - that means my pipework will be visible !!!! . That’s probably something I don’t want unless it looks unnaturally neat ( which it won’t ) 

1 minute ago, Russell griffiths said:

Build it like an outdoor bar, granite top with top mount sink, then that gives you an area for taps and a cupboard underneath to hide the waste. 

Was thinking that . But it’s for SWMBO so therefore minimal cost ! 😁🍺🍺🍺

• Sad 1

Got to make a Gordon Ramsey outdoor BBQ / kitchenette for my current clients so am about to bridge this myself. The Belfast sink is an option but can look a bit ‘clunky’, but I may dress one in with brisk piers as suggested, and tile ( mosaic ) to make it look tres bien. 

Will likely make a deck to one side for a tap like this….

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/arezzo-matt-black-industrial-style-basin-mixer-tap?campaign=googlebase&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI36_3xPD9-AIVh6ztCh05Kg5REAQYASABEgJRa_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Can be swung away to the side to fill a bucket etc or wash your feet.

• Like 1

Perhaps free standing taps ? . I can’t plumb through the 1 metre thick concrete wall I made !

I think maybe a better option - also no pipework visible .

As Hep2o isn’t uv resistant just lag hot and cold ??

14 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Why does it have to be a sink?

What are you doing there.

Why not a traditional stone with a shallow (6") 'sink', or a horse trough?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255623417534?hash=item3b8457cebe:g:qEoAAOSwR2NiuHVM

Me thinks ( knows ) SWMBO won’t like your link .

Sink for washing hands after gardening / cooking on bbq ; or just rinsing off blood from local corpse .

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Was planning to hep20 to the sink . But Hep2o can’t be exposed outside can it ?

Also the taps will have to be wall mounted - that means my pipework will be visible !!!! . That’s probably something I don’t want unless it looks unnaturally neat ( which it won’t ) 

Can you find a piece of granite that will allow a standard tap to be fitted behind the sink, with a hole like a standard worktop mount.

Just now, TonyT said:

Can you find a piece of granite that will allow a standard tap to be fitted behind the sink, with a hole like a standard worktop mount.

I could do that for sure . Just got to find the granite ! 🙄😁

5 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Too small

even a cheap stainless steel sink would be ok if the rest was blinged up

Yeah but it might be ok for just hand washing . Not sure how the taps plumb ( based on the photo ) . Where’s the feeds ? ; all jammed up under the basin ??

Look out for second hand lengths of granite / quartz worktop with a sink cutout on gumtree / Freecycle. That's what we did, got it all for free Inc the sink. Just need a tap. Plan to mount on a couple brick piers. Have the water supply sorted and just going to use a rainwater gully for the waste. Don't forget to insulate all your pipework, either that or draindown over winter.

• Like 1