Concealed Toilet Cisterns

Looking at these slimline concealed Cisterns and wondering whether we need the metal frame. Have seen these; 

http://www.sanctuary-bathrooms.co.uk/concealed-cisterns/geberit-concealed-dual-flush-cistern-up720-109.772.00.1.html

I assume we could use these in our partition walls.  The frame adds extra width which we would rather avoid.

Just been pointed out to me by hwmbo that if I want wall hung toilets then I need the frame!

Yes, I want wall hung toilets:$

Edited by JanetE

That cistern is for attaching to a solid wall. When you say the frame adds extra width, do you mean width across the cistern or depth? The frames are designed to fit between 600mm stud work.

This is the one for a stud wall, unfortunately they are more expensive. It is still only 8cm deep. There are cheaper makes available but most people on here would probably recommend paying for a higher quality product like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/geberit-slimline-114cm-wall-hung-wc-frame-with-sigma-8cm-cistern.aspx?campaign=googlebase&gclid=CJzoqMSpgc0CFRITGwodCEkE5Q

4 minutes ago, AliG said:

That cistern is for attaching to a solid wall. When you say the frame adds extra width, do you mean width across the cistern or depth? The frames are designed to fit between 600mm stud work.

This is the one for a stud wall, unfortunately they are more expensive. It is still only 8cm deep. There are cheaper makes available but most people on here would probably recommend paying for a higher quality product like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/geberit-slimline-114cm-wall-hung-wc-frame-with-sigma-8cm-cistern.aspx?campaign=googlebase&gclid=CJzoqMSpgc0CFRITGwodCEkE5Q

Thanks AliG, realised my mistake; see my edited post!!

By the way these cisterns at Megabad are about half this price; 

https://www.megabad.com/eSearch.php?q=Geberit Duofix #!/q/Geberit Duofix

We've gone with Geberit throughout, the frame needs to sit dead flush with the timber frame as the WC will bite into the wall if there is any gap.

Just remember to order a set of wall anchors per loo (they come in packs of 2) as they don't come with the basic kit. We forgot and had to get them last minute from Amazon, about twice the Megabad price!

https://www.megabad.com/hersteller-geberit-zubehoer-montageelemente-duofix-set-a-2878.htm

• Like 1

That site is a great find. Try as I might though, they don't seem to have the 8cm deep cistern, only the standard 12cm. Depends on the depth of your walls. The 8cm is quite a bit more expensive on the UK site I looked at.

I am a bit limited in my ability to price compare as I am on Virgineastcoast wifi at the moment!

1 hour ago, AliG said:

That site is a great find. Try as I might though, they don't seem to have the 8cm deep cistern, only the standard 12cm. Depends on the depth of your walls. The 8cm is quite a bit more expensive on the UK site I looked at.

I am a bit limited in my ability to price compare as I am on Virgineastcoast wifi at the moment!

We can go with the wider one.

Enjoy your trip:)

We're also a big fan of Megabad and also Reuterbad  and nearly all of our bathroom  and cloakroom fittings have beeen sourced from these two companies on line.

Unfortunately, as has already been discussed they do not supply the 8cm Geberit frames (UP720 Cistern, GEBERIT Ref No111.729.00.1) , which we required and the best price available in the UK when we purchased was www.tradetaps.com.

This is a repost post of my contribution of ebuild, which may be useful though the euro rate may not be as good today

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

POPULAR

I haven't bought kitchen appliances from Megabad, but I have bought bathroom ceramics, bath and bathroom fittings/accessories (V&B, Duravit, Grohe,Geberit ) for 2 bathrooms and a cloakroom. Good service and terrific prices but strangely they don't seem to be competitive on shower enclosures, shower trays. There is another German supplier Reuter that my son has used Reuter http://www.reuter-shop.com/ - thiis is their English website, which is an advantage as I think Megabad have only a German language website and takes a bit longer to navigate ( though you can through Google Translate). There are dozens of German, Dutch and Belgian websites offering everything you might need..

There a some tips from my experience that may help:
  • Plan carefully before you order and ensure that you ordering the exact Model No as you would buy in the UK (go to showrooms to choose your stuff and make detailed notes and get the catalogues) . It's not so much of a problem with ceramics, taps etc but it can be problematic with anything electrical. Two examples - I bought a Keuco Bathroom cabinet and it did not meet UK Wiring Regs for installation in a bathroom. My son bought a Grohe Red Duo boiling tap and it was German model, which did not meet WRSA regulations (one of which is that the highest temperature must be less than 99.5C ( if I remember correctly) Also, it came with different fittings and without the filter included with the UK version, which is why it was cheaper.
  • One very good thing is that these two suppliers, and almost certainly all similar German suppliers, have very good and very efficient returns policies.My son returned it quickly, they sent him a Returns Label and instructions by email and received a full refund with no hassle.
  • All the prices are in euros. I have a SAGA Credit card (no comments please...) that has no Non Sterling Transaction Fee (usually 2,75% for Visa and 3% for AMEX) and also charges best market exchange rates. So, this is an instant 2.75% savingover a normal credit card..... There are a few companies that offer this beneft - MoneyMarket,com comparison site is a good source
Finally, it's good time to buy stufff, as pound sterling is very strong against the euro.at the moment .........

• Like 1

Looking at the Gerberit cistern on the Megabad site and it would appear that the waste pipe is 90mm diameter!  UK standard is 110mm I believe. Do they come with different sized pipes? Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

21 minutes ago, JanetE said:

Looking at the Gerberit cistern on the Megabad site and it would appear that the waste pipe is 90mm diameter!  UK standard is 110mm I believe. Do they come with different sized pipes? Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Geberit do a 90/110mm adapter I know.

Text excerpt. See 4th from bottom for confirmation :)

Application purpose

For installation of a wall-hung WC with bolt fixings set at 180 or 230 mm centres
For installation in a room-height Duofix system wall in front of a solid or drywall construction
For mounting in front of a solid or drywall construction
For a screed of 0 - 200 mm (not in room height applications)
For connecting Geberit AquaClean
Any boarding must be fixed tight up against the face of the Duofix frame and screwed directly to the frame.
Characteristics

Self-supporting
Frame with C profile 40/40 mm
Powder-coated frame, ultramarine blue
Galvanised leg supports, steplessly adjustable 0 - 200 mm
Feet can be retracted 5 cm
Rotating foot plate, for installation in UW50 and UW75 profiles
Frame with holes ø 9 mm for fastening in wood frame construction
Sound-absorbing actuator rods, tool-free, fast adjustment
Easy to clean coating on glass and metal
Concealed cistern fully insulated against condensation
Concealed cistern for tool-free mounting and maintenance
Frame height 1120 mm
With wall brackets to allow up to a 200 mm duct. For larger ducts up to 400 mm use extension bolts 111.887.00.1
Tool-free fastening for outlet bend, sound-absorbing, adjustable in depth with 8 positions, adjustable range 45 mm
Connection hose to angle stop valve can be screwed without tools
Water supply connection at centre back or at the top
Geberit Sigma concealed cistern 12 cm (UP320) with front actuation
Dual flush with Sigma80 touchless, Sigma60, Sigma50, Sigma20, Sigma10 touchless, Sigma01 or Bolero flush plates
Single flush with Sigma10 or Tango flush plates
Dual flush with pneumatic and mechanical buttons
Single flush with touchless flush or pneumatic buttons
The protection cover protects the service opening against moisture and dirt and can be mounted without tools and cut to length
Universal water supply connection compatible with MeplaFix, can be mounted and operated without tools
Self-locking feet for tool-free alignment of the frame, (friction feet have to be locked with spanner)
For pans with contact surfaces smaller than 170 mm (see accessory 111.847.00.1)
Flush valve features settings to enable either a 6l and 3l flush or a 4.5l and 3l flush. For flush volumes of 4l and 2l a low flush beaker is required (241.894.00.1)
Note: must be used with pans designed for low volume flush.
The cistern can be operated with used water (rainwater) provided it is passed through a filter system first.
Technical data

Flow pressure range 0.1-10 bar
Operating temperature water max. 25 °C
Flush volume small range 3-4 l
Flush volume factory setting 5.8 and 3 l
Scope of delivery

2 Duofix PreWall brackets for system
Water supply connection R 1/2" male BSP parallel thread with integrated angle stop valve and hand wheel
Conduit pipe for the water supply connection of Geberit AquaClean
Flush bend
Protection plug
Protection housing for service opening
2 threaded rods M12 for ceramics fastening
WC connection set, ø 90 mm
WC outlet bend, HDPE, ø 90 mm
Adaptor sleeve, HDPE, ø 90/110 mm
Fastening material
Excluded:

Flush plate

• Like 1

I had, over on eBuild photos of a Geberit wc wall frame all un-boxed and laid out on the floor showing all the components. Just tried to retrieve it but "don't have permission" to download or even see the picture despite signing in.

7 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I had, over on eBuild photos of a Geberit wc wall frame all un-boxed and laid out on the floor showing all the components. Just tried to retrieve it but "don't have permission" to download or even see the picture despite signing in.

Yeah, they seem to have blocked access to all attachments.  I'm not sure why perhaps there is an issue with paying for storage.

I'm hoping everything hasn't just been deleted but you never know.

3 hours ago, DeeJunFan said:

Yeah, they seem to have blocked access to all attachments.  I'm not sure why perhaps there is an issue with paying for storage.

I'm hoping everything hasn't just been deleted but you never know.

I doubt it's anything to do with storage, as there was a comment from the Ebuild Admin after it closed that the hosting package was already paid up for some time in advance, so there was no cost in keeping Ebuild read-only. 

I suspect that it's just the way that the restrictions have been set.  In the past there were often problems whenever there were changes made to any of the Ebuild settings and I had a feeling that it may well have been a bit of a mess "behind the scenes".  I doubt there was any deliberate intent to lock down the images and prevent them being viewed, it's most probably just an unintended consequence of the way the forum has been placed in read-only mode.

It's probably detrimental to the Ebuild owner, if anything, in that there is still traffic to the site, so it's still getting advert revenue, but with no images viewable in full size and no attachments accessible, then people may stop bothering to look in there after a time.

Guest Alphonsox
5 hours ago, Onoff said:

Which thread ? I may have a copy