Howdens v B&Q

Zak S

Hi. Hopefully a quick question: between Howdens and B&Q, which option is the cheapest? Need a kitchen for approx 1-2 years. Been thinking about spray painting existing one as well as the property will be demolished but just in case if I go fo new one which would be the cheaper option. Thanks.

Not

4 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

If it is only for 2 years get some second hand units.  Often free.  Otherwise it is a waste of materials.

Thanks. I need to keep OH on my side for the new build so I have promised that she will get either new kitchen or something like new. Hence either B&q or spray painting. ?

Edited by Zak S

Howdens very cheapest flat pack range.  Advantage of Howdens over B&Q is if something is wrong or missing, they sort it very quickly, usually next day at worst. but B&Q often get everything to order so a missing bit can take ages to arrive and delay the job.

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I brought a second hand kitchen for £300 while we decided if we where going to knock down or not, still in use 5 years later and doesn’t look too shabby.  

Why waste £4-5000. 

Where did you buy from?

7 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Facebook. 

Thanks. I am assuming you decided not to demolish but to remodel. That's where we are. I will be posting some plans to see if there is a clever way to use the existing structure but I have lots of issues including inappropriate foundation for the existing banglow. 

I am having a quote for the existing kitchen to be spray painted but as the carcass is quite dirty as has been there since 1980 hence not if OH would like it. I think B&Q flat pack might just tick the box. Issue with use cabinets is that its a lot of work removing, moving and reinstalling (limited by existing space) in the kitchen but I will definitely explore this.

12 hours ago, Zak S said:

I am having a quote for the existing kitchen to be spray painted but as the carcass is quite dirty as has been there since 1980 hence not if OH would like it. I think B&Q flat pack might just tick the box. Issue with use cabinets is that its a lot of work removing, moving and reinstalling (limited by existing space) in the kitchen but I will definitely explore this.

get some sugar soap to clean the units, works a treat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...