Windows, supply only - recommendations?

Suffolk_J

Afternoon all,

Looking into ordering our windows. We plan on installing ourselves so want supply only. Aim is for triple glazed aluminium or timber alu clad. Anyone have any experience with this or recommendations?

Obviously quality is important but balanced against a tight budget. Supply will be to Suffolk.

Thanks in advance 

J.

• Like 1

We have literally just finished fitting aluclad from Allen brothers. Thier aluclad are actually manufactured in Denmark by their sister company but we only dealt with the UK side. Great communication, delivery and good products. We are very pleased with them, in my opinion great value for money which I guess is what you're looking for! 

• Like 3

We used Origin for our aluminium windows. Set up a trade account with them and got access to the site to size and spec them up myself.

The reps are pretty good if you need anything clarifying or queries with orders.

Edited by vala

Worth having a look at Duration, they have a show room on Canvey Island so not too far away. My mum had an aluminium sliding door from them which she's happy with, my brother fitted it for her and is now considering them for all the doors and windows in his mega extension and renovation starting this year. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/03/2022 at 12:25, Neilp said:

How did your research go?

In a word... Ongoing! The biggest challenge is seemingly getting someone that can supply a single pane that is 2100 by 600. Most seem to want to split this over 2 panes so our enquiries are still ongoing. I'll let you know where we end up!

3 hours ago, Suffolk_J said:

In a word... Ongoing! The biggest challenge is seemingly getting someone that can supply a single pane that is 2100 by 600. Most seem to want to split this over 2 panes so our enquiries are still ongoing. I'll let you know where we end up!

Why??? Are they saying that’s big, or just too long and skinny. 
I have many windows far larger than this with a single pane. 
2600x1500. 

40 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Why??? Are they saying that’s big, or just too long and skinny. 
I have many windows far larger than this with a single pane. 
2600x1500. 

Different manufacturers and companies can have different limitations due to frame strengths/ designs. Also it depends on wind loads.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Different manufacturers and companies can have different limitations due to frame strengths/ designs. Also it depends on wind loads.

I understand that , what I don’t understand is not being able to find other companies, I walked around the NEC today and there must have been a dozen companies there that could do it. 

If you are after cheap and decent but are prepared to put up with a slightly thorny journey then Munster Joinery.

Spec plots - 4b detached - decent uPVC with metal lounge slider - supply and install £4,600 inc front door and utility door.

Mine - aluminum all over, 2 sliders, 4 doors and pretty big - £20k supply & install.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2022 at 15:31, Suffolk_J said:

That’s tiny tbh.

On 24/03/2022 at 21:33, Faz said:

If you are after cheap and decent but are prepared to put up with a slightly thorny journey then Munster Joinery.

Their Google reviews are shocking, but I guess they must be cheap.  Persimmon are among their customers.  I might give them a try.

On 24/03/2022 at 15:31, Suffolk_J said:

Do you mean a hinged single pane?