Treat external wall

Pocster

SWMBO has an idea! ( I don't mind as it's minimal work for me )

This lovely concrete block wall needs painting ( white I have been told ) - assume I need to treat this wall with something??

This prep ready for her vertical garden idea ( anyone done something similar ? ; how did you deal with irrigation? )

IMG_5303.jpg

I'm thinking maybe Zinnser Bulls Eye 123 for the wall? Before the colour of your choice.

Could you bolt some offset stainless mesh to the wall for a climbing plant screen or are you thinking terraces? FFS not ivy!

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I'm thinking maybe Zinnser Bulls Eye 123 for the wall? Before the colour of your choice.

Could you bolt some offset stainless mesh to the wall for a climbing plant screen or are you thinking terraces? FFS not ivy!

I’ll check out the zinnser stuff

SWMBO wants a (expletive deleted)ing tropical forest growing up there with green shitty things we eat aswell . I just say “ yeah “ then think ffs . Looked at the material pocket wall hangers ( Amazon etc ) - seem shite . So maybe plant ‘ troughs ‘ bolted to the wall - who knows !! ??

21 minutes ago, Onoff said:

What about stainless steel cable trays then window boxes sitting on them. Easy to maintain. Simple pipework irrigation system...or a watering can.

Would cable trays be strong enough to hold window boxes + soil , water and plant ??

Watering can too much like hard work ! Automate watering for sure !

A quick wash with bleach (sure your familiar with that procedure), then standard masonry paint perhaps.  Doesn’t matter what colour, it will end up green!

Not sure how you plant it, but I'd go for a drip irrigation system rather than get the hosepipe on it.

4 hours ago, pocster said:

This lovely concrete block wall needs painting ( white I have been told ) - assume I need to treat this wall with something??

I used Durbocem last summer to paint a damp retaining wall. Seems to have worked well and I only brushed the surface off before painting.

https://www.andrewscoatings.co.uk/shop/interior-exterior-walls/damp-mould/durbocem/