Oil for Oak

Cpd

I am building an outdoor seat made from old oak barrel staves (photos when completed) its to be sited  on top of an exposed cliff top and exposed to the full force of all weather including salt laden winds, does anyone have a "real life" good recommendation for an oil that i could use to keep it looking good and give it some protection, it will be out there all year round...  thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

...  I'm going out to the field to shoot myself. :/  

Why don't you do it in his garden?  No-one would ever find the body!

• Like 1

@Nickfromwales its ok mate its not the back garden so you dont have to do anything dramatic, its only the front garden looking westerly..... 

the veiw through the property from the back garden is not nearly as good......  

IMG_1384.jpg

15 hours ago, Cpd said:

Garden seat oiled and put in place.

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Not too shabby a view! Might I suggest a giant wind farm in the background to really enhance the natural beauty of the landscape?

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

It's ok. I'd miss beer too much. ??

Did they teach you nothing in Sunday School, although on reflection I am not sure the missionaries ever got to your corner of Wales - headed straight for St Davids forgetting to turn left at Neath, in my Sunday school however they taught us that when we get to heaven we will spend our time (forever) in a constant state of delight, which must include beer don't you think. If on the other hand you end up in the other place, they call it hell I believe, there will still be beer but you will spend forever not getting any. However you can do a bit of hedging and become tea total and then you will be forced to drink beer all the time down there, whereas up there they will assume delight is a constant supply of soft drinks so I guess you can't win - better stay here and enjoy it while you can.

Edited by MikeSharp01
Type