Recommendations for solar pv

Kernow

I just installed a 6k today on my house. All materials was £3082+vat. And 2.5 electricians 1 days work (one left at lunch - he was there to just help get them on the roof). 

Bought from local branch of Edmundson electrical .

Edited by gc100

23 minutes ago, gc100 said:

I just installed a 6k today on my house. All materials was £3082+vat. And 2.5 electricians 1 days work (one left at lunch - he was there to just help get them on the roof). 

Bought from local branch of Edmundson electrical .

Thanks, that’s exactly what I’m planning to do. Self install and then just get the electrician to connect them up

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Just remember you can’t get paid export without an MCS registered install. 

But also look up how much extra it will cost for an MCS install, work out how much you think you will export, and then work out how long the very low export payment would take ro replay the MCS surcharge.  In my case NEVER.

• Like 1

I've just used plug in solar for a self install and very pleased with them. Their systems are generally based on microinverters which do work out a bit more expensive but are usually better if you have shading/complex roof shape. We are a refurb on a 60s double hipped roof so have panels split across 4 planes facing SE, SW and W. If I had all the panels in a nice flat square a single invertor would have been cheaper but you have to work with what you have!

Highly recommend the GSE trays too- easy to install and seem like a quality product. 

Plug in solar seems expensive.

We'll be installing a 4kW ground mounted system.

Solar Energy Store is £3150 - https://www.solar-energy-store.co.uk/home/4-0kW-Solar-PV-Full-Kit-ground-flat-roof-mounted-p142551649

Plug in Solar £4680 - https://www.pluginsolar.co.uk/?product=plug-in-solar-4kw-diy-solar-power-kit-with-adjustable-ground-mounts

Obviously plug in solar has micro inverters while the solar energy store has a single inverter.  I should add of course that we will be installing the system, so I have no experience with buying from the solar energy store (yet!)

Simon