Wall Hung WC

Onoff

42 minutes ago, Montipora said:

Hi @Onoff

have you a link where you have seen this for £190? All my searches show over £300!

thanks

Sorry, bum steer there. Looked at so many!

Best I can source £248.93 all in from two separate sources:

http://www.bathroomsandshowersdirect.co.uk/duravit---wall-hung-toilets/starck-3-wall-hung-toilets/duravit-starck-3-222509-wall-hung-pan-with-invisible-fixings-white?gclid=CMjp9Kmn79ECFYe77QodYZ4EIw

+

https://www.cphart.co.uk/duravit-starck-3-standard-toilet-seat/?SKU=ST306381WW&gsp=1&gclid=CLbRxeur79ECFcew7Qod5MkLkQ

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

?

will the pipe rotate or is it foamed in already? 

Foamed in already! :(

Still reckon I can do it though, just dry fit first & mark the elements with a Sharpie before assembly.

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Most of those are made in Eastern Europe and the quality is questionable...

• Like 1

I bought a Rak Ceramics suite a few years ago. Very good price and gerberit flush for the cistern. I'm very happy with it. Stamped all over it and the packaging was *made in the united Arab Emirates*

Intrigued I looked it up and there's a giant factory there. 

Maybe they have done so well they have outsourced some products to Europe...AFAIK it's a middle eastern company that is aiming for a space in the quality end of the market.

OK, not on the same market level,

But, our current toilet came from BnQ, one of their cheaper designer ranges, was the missus picked it, I was dubious, boi was I wrong,

That has shifted some amount of turf I have cut,!!!!

I've often looked expecting to have a long session of waiting and flushing, not once has it failed to clear, 

Well, except when the little one decided to put most of a packet of baby wipes down it, I didn't know a 2yo needed about 50 baby wipes for a little bum her size,!!!!!! :o

On 01/02/2017 at 21:19, PeterW said:

That's more to do with cisterns than the ceramics. A lot of the new cisterns do a 4/2.6 flush which isn't enough to clear the pan properly. That Geberit of yours is a 6/4 from memory so 50% more water...

And if the Cistern is a 6/4, then I believe you are taking a risk with the Starck 3, which is only designed for a 4.5l flush:

http://www.duravit.co.uk/products/all_series/starck_3.com-en.html?product=2192114 

Not sure what happens when you send 6l down a pan expecting a maximum of 4.5l - suggestions welcome :-)

17 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Prefer this one but seems you can only get with a flush plate and Bernstein or Gebetit installation kit:

Its just let me select without mounting and without flush plate at £168....?

8 hours ago, PeterW said:

Its just let me select without mounting and without flush plate at £168....?

Sussed it now. CH101 for £164. What's the installation kit I wonder, there's that backing plate thing......

.....what I should have asked was do I need the "backing plate", what looks like a profiled metal plate in the 2nd link or is that the sound deadening thing?

Interesting with the Bernstein cistern that the litreage is adjustable on both flushes. 

Edited by Onoff

4 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Flush volume is adjustable on just about every flush valve on the market ;)

Ta. I see the adjusters now on this Geberit.

Those Bernstein wc's, I used to use some great big electrical limit switches by "Bernstein" built like a tank. Be nice to think it's the same company / quality.

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

A bit silly.  The RAK ones seem just as good and are half the price.

https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/rak-ceramics-resort-toilet-rstwhpan

It does make sense buying the RAK  ones. I don't want rimless though but RAK  do have lots of other options. 

I was slightly concerned that the toilet seat on the RAK  would be ....well...shit. 

I went for a Grohe Bau rimless recently. Not exactly an ultra modern shape but works for us. Looks better in the flesh than photos. Good value.

We have a D shape pan in another bathroom and I feel like ripping it out. The seat is top fitting and we have broken the hinges on two seats. Trying to find a better replacement has been difficult.  I'll be sticking with the traditional shape in future.