Shower fixing and testing

Pocster

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

Yes should be easy to cap that to test it.

P.S it is handy having been doing plumbing for years and having a big box of assorted plumbing fittings (I never throw any away) so I can usually rummage in the box and cobble up something for most situations.

That won't stop you buying another tin of glue the next time your in the plumbers merchants to go with the 5 you already  got in your van

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Shouldn't need that much unless it’s a poor quality brass fitting ..?? If you’re desperate you could always make them off with a smear of LSX too. 

Have you used a stem elbow into the shower fitting then once you’ve converted it to a Hep2O socket ..??  

Roper Rhodes - so shouldn’t be cheap kak . Yep stem thingy fitting in the bsp to hep fitting . Think from memory ( I’m remembering well today ! ) it was you that pointed me towards these things some time ago . They are neat . But I can’t see how you dismantle a stem from a hep fitting as the dismantle key won’t fit in !

Edited by pocster

29 minutes ago, pocster said:

Well I clicked ‘next’ 28 times on your life story thread . Erm , not sure what I’m meant to be looking at . Brought back a nostalgic tear to my eye , the good old days before CV and brexit . When life was simpler and grout lines were uneven .

It was where Nick was saying about numbers of turns of PTFE...

• Like 1

Use Loctite 55 instead of PTFE - its a far better product.

And as no one else has said it yet and have seen a few pics with them  - Real Plumbers use end feed fittings................? - Apart from the chap who commisioned my UFH ?

Edited by wozza
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pocster said:

I’ll order some 135 see if that helps 

Shower head can’t be ceiling mounted as ceiling on an incline 

9927A016-D364-4D1E-9D5F-C69EFCE043E5.jpeg

AA3E6DCB-FDC4-4956-A2C0-89A9BB8C20F7.jpeg

Move the rainfall head round the corner so it's on the "gable end" wall, not the sloping wall, that will get it higher.

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Yeah I considered that .

But won’t it look wrong ??

We have the rainfall head half way along the "long" wall (of a 1200 my 900 shower) which happens to also be the one with the controls, and the riser half way along the short wall.

bathroom_8.thumb.jpg.8a6ef34c094c9e367a1eaaf062381560.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

We have the rainfall head half way along the "long" wall (of a 1200 my 900 shower) which happens to also be the one with the controls, and the riser half way along the short wall.

bathroom_8.thumb.jpg.8a6ef34c094c9e367a1eaaf062381560.jpg

Fair enough . I guess my perception is it’s all on the same wall ...

7 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’m considering this !! . The hand rail riser is in the centre of the wall on that side ?

Yes, rainfall head in the centre of the 1200mm wall and riser in the centre of the 900mm wall (so hose outlet slightly off centre)

Controls well to the right, so you can turn the shower on and not get your arm squirted by the initial cold water.

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Yes, rainfall head in the centre of the 1200mm wall and riser in the centre of the 900mm wall (so hose outlet slightly off centre)

Controls well to the right, so you can turn the shower on and not get your arm squirted by the initial cold water.

My rainfall can’t be central on its wall - but I don’t think that will matter . My controls on the other wall are ‘offset’ to the right. If I move the hose outlet I could put my riser central .

Only issue is to get the feed from the mixer to the shower head will require hep20 joints . I was trying to avoid using them to reduce the chance of leaks - though to date no hep2o fitting has ever leaked . So I guess shouldn’t worry about using them ( they will be inaccessible)