My new shed.

Big Jimbo

This is a fantastic habitable space, is there any risk neighbours might complain to planners about it? 

Just emailed our planning department about temporary habitation rights for the time of the build, read so much conflicting advice while researching. 

36 minutes ago, oldkettle said:

This is a fantastic habitable space, is there any risk neighbours might complain to planners about it? 

Just emailed our planning department about temporary habitation rights for the time of the build, read so much conflicting advice while researching. 

Nah, they can't see over his gate!

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Tennentslager said:

Looks great @Big Jimbo

Remember the nice touches as you’ll be sleeping there if you get too drunk/snore loudly/say you fancy an actress/tell her mum she’s put on weight...?

I'd tell mine she'd put on weight and that I fancied her mum if it meant I could live in a shed like that...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

What’s going to happen in this shed ?

It doesn’t look like it will be filled with crap , but does look like a good place to keep the mistress .

It is a shed, However, when i knock the house i will prob stay in it, untill i get the walls up, roof and windows in. When i sell the place, it will be a home office, gym, teenagers hang out zone etc. What ever you want it to be. Even a shed. Just a posh one with 18 double power sockets, T.V, Internet points, Shower, basin and toilet. Or it could even be used to store unused walk on glazing ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

It is a shed, However, when i knock the house i will prob stay in it, untill i get the walls up, roof and windows in. When i sell the place, it will be a home office, gym, teenagers hang out zone etc. What ever you want it to be. Even a shed. Just a posh one with 18 double power sockets, T.V, Internet points, Shower, basin and toilet. Or it could even be used to store unused walk on glazing ?

Can I move in please ?

4 hours ago, oldkettle said:

Had enforcement round 4 times in 6 months. Neighbours are all stuck up twats. Got the Lawyer to drop planning a line advising them that if they come back without carrying out due dilligence first, I will have there woolly tied butts in court without any further warnings. One of the neighbours reported me for an unauthorised building down the bottom of the garden....Turns out its a tennis court sized bit of grass with a wood edging.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldkettle said:

Wouldn't have bothered with asking planning. Move in to your shed. When planning come along, say you had no idea that you were not allowed. Tell them you will apply for permission, but dont bother. When they come back again, say you forgot and bang in an application. If it get refused, stick it in for appeal, after waiting for a good few weeks. You should easily get 18months, by which time you will have moved back into your house.. Sorted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Bloody posh shed owners. THIS is a bitsa shed / door!

20170217_100709

Bloody love that. Just needs a coat of paint.I can imagine sitting in that, in a shagged out old armchair, reading a good book. Even better, writing a good book. A good British crime caper. It would then get picked up by Guy Richie. Made into a film...... I could then buy a bigger shed...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

Had some scraps of oak around, so used it inside. The only thing is it's a lot of different colours. Not sure if to leave it, and just varnish. Stain it then varnish, or just paint it white? It is only a shed. Flooring and blinds next. 

IMG_20200831_104631.jpg

If it has a door like that it isn't a shed.

5 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

It an internal door within the shed you tart Ferd. Leading to the, every shed should have One, shower room.

FFS NORMAL SHEDS ONLY HAVE ONE DOOR! ?

EDIT: IF THEY'VE GOT A DOOR AT ALL.

Edited by Onoff
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

It an internal door within the shed you tart Ferd. Leading to the, every shed should have One, shower room.

I did not comment on Internal or External.

Shower?

This is not a shed.

I'll give you "Garden Building" or "Cabin" or "Tiny House" or "Garden Retreat".

Shed? - no.

This is a shed like Rod Hull's Emu is a Pedigree Albatross.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 3