My new shed.

Big Jimbo

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Shower?

This is not a shed.

I'll give you "Garden Building" or "Cabin".

Shed? - no.

It's got an ensuite, walk in wardrobe and a room for SWMBO's shoes. Tbf we haven't seen upstairs yet. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Right you lot. I told planning (who are a pain in the butt) that it's a shed. So it is not a Villa, Cabin, or 1 bed house. It's a bloody shed. Just happens to be a posh shed OK.

I can see your lawn mower sitting nicely in there and your garden tools hanging perfectly between the full height windows ?

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

Right you lot. I told planning (who are a pain in the butt) that it's a shed. So it is not a Villa, Cabin, or 1 bed house. It's a bloody shed. Just happens to be a posh shed OK.

Does anybody have a Butter Wouldn't Melt emoticon?

I find myself in desperate need of one.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Lvt dry laid, and blinds fitted. Floor will get glued down Monday. My back has had enough for today. 

IMG_20200905_181117.jpg

"ExCeL London (an abbreviation for "Exhibition Centre London")[3] is an exhibition and international convention centre in the Custom House area of Newham, East London.[4] Its 100-acre (0.40 km2) site.....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

Wft ? . You need ? or ? ?????

It was a cleary failed attempt at humour using the analogy of the ExCel centre being only slightly smaller than @Big Jimbo's shed.

I was initially going with "NHS Nightingale Removes Beds" but thought that in bad taste...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought he meant the Millennium Dome (MD otherwise stands for Mandelson's a Dope *) where the teenyboppers (or aspirational or once-upon-a-time teenyboppers) go to .. er .. bop, but I see that the Excel Centre does look exactly like a larger than average shed. No links are drawn with any other sheds or not-sheds that may or may not feature in this shed-thread.

(Looking forward to seeing a North Korean Agent tumbling down the roof of BJ's shed in the next JB film.)

ExCeL_and_docks.jpg

* Though of course he isn't. He was dubbed Lord Mandelbrot a lot of years ago for very good reasons.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 2

BTW what happens if you get your dual planning permission, will you be building another one for next door?

(I think you are the one waging a war of attrition on the planners to build two somethings smaller ?)

(Signs off thread to go and put washing out).

(For the record, it looks very nice.)

F

Edited by Ferdinand

9 hours ago, pocster said:

I don’t think it’s a shed at all . Something else going on here I reckon . No doubt be letting it out until enforcement get called ....

? Like what happened to me ... ?

There is no law as far as i know, as to how posh a shed can be. when finished it will have cost me £13.5 grand. When i knock the house, it can be used for on site tool storage. I figure that when i sell the gaff, i should get my money back, as the posh shed, can be used as an office, gym, hobby space, gaff for an aged parent, visitors short term stay area, sex den, etc, etc, and i had enough trouble getting through planning to knock the bungalow at 600sq ft, and replace with 4 bed, 4 bath house of 2500sq ft. it just would have been a straw too much for the camel. Even if it won't get me my money back, it should make the house more saleable.

Edited by Big Jimbo
missed a bit
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

BTW what happens if you get your dual planning permission, will you be building another one for next door?

(I think you are the one waging a war of attrition on the planners to build two somethings smaller ?)

(Signs off thread to go and put washing out).

(For the record, it looks very nice.)

F

Gave up Ferd.... I am just going to build the One new house now. It will be too big for me, so the idea is to build, flog, and bugger off. To be honest, i will prob make more money doing just the One. I wanted to do Two, because it would have been better for society in my opinion.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

I am just going to build the One new house now. It will be too big for me, so the idea is to build, flog, and bugger off. To be honest, i will prob make more money doing just the One

If the CIL applies in your area remember you have to live there 3 years to keep the exemption.

• Like 1