Fakita

Onoff

2 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

On that reccomendation I just bought the one below it on ebay. £30 Inc delivery and 3 sockets. What could possibly go wrong ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372840852496

If it's the same as the one I've just bought, then I reckon you may find it as good as a genuine Makita.  Mine's identical to the one in the vijeo by Uncle Bumblef*ck above, and he beat the living daylights out of the thing and it carried on working.  I doubt mine will get a massive amount of use, but just knowing it will easily whizz off really tight wheel nuts makes it worth having.  I already have a set of deep impact sockets left over from when my ancient (at least 40 year old) air impact gun was still in the land of the living, so I've not had to shell out for any extras.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Be interesting to see a tear down of one of these clones to see if it really is a "clone" or just a lookalike shell housing different internals. (It'd be nice if Makita spares fitted).

The video posted earlier shows a tear down of one.  Just need to find a similar tear down for the Makita equivalent to compare the two.

On 23/12/2019 at 13:14, Construction Channel said:

On that reccomendation I just bought the one below it on ebay. £30 Inc delivery and 3 sockets. What could possibly go wrong ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372840852496

Have you got yours yet? I'm in the market for a couple.

10 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

Mine has just landed, £23.70 or there abouts, I chose based on distance so was UK stock. IMG_20200102_134901830.thumb.jpg.febb2f847ba27035e127fc2640987080.jpg

Will be a few days before I've done any work with it.

Got a link? Did that include p&p?

Will it take a smaller 1/4" bit in the end of the 1/2" drive?

Cheers

Edited by Onoff

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Harris said:

Looks absolutely identical to mine, so my guess is that it does also have the 1/4" hex socket in the end.

Anyway of testing whether the Nm is up near where stated? Maybe on a torque wrench? I can do so easily if I get one as all my kit is calibrated. 

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Anyway of testing whether the Nm is up near where stated? Maybe on a torque wrench? I can do so easily if I get one as all my kit is calibrated. 

I could if I had a 1/2" female to 3/4" female square adapter, but all I seem to have is a collection of various 1/2", 3/4", 3/8" and 1/4" square adapters, none of which will fit to together easily to allow me to connect the thing to my 3/4" drive torque wrench.  The only hex threaded pillars I have are M6, so 10mm AF, and I could possibly try an arrangement of adapters and sockets to get this to work, but it would mean using a 3/8" drive 10mm socket that's seen better days, and which probably wouldn't be up to taking the full torque of this thing. 

Somewhere I'm sure I have another set of 1/2" sockets, but I'm damned if I know where they are.  I seem to be struggling to find loads of stuff since we moved - something that's getting to be extremely annoying.  My workshop at the old house may have been a tip, but it was my tip, and I knew pretty much where everything was...

• Haha 1

@OnoffMine was item number 392519282059 but they've since put postage charge on it.

No way is it 520N/M. I did just manage to undo some wheels that are untouched for 5 years on a car that has not been used in the same time, but it sat and bounced for a good time first.

@Jeremy HarrisYes it does have 1/4 hex drive in the end, which might be most of what I end up using it for IMG_20200102_150355804.thumb.jpg.beec398d1b51a8766eced5a14515764f.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Been using this today, pretty pleased with it for scaffolding use, the limited stop function on undoing is just right so you can undo a clamp without winding the nut into the crimped section and locking up.

My brother in law had it for a week in the car garage, he used it for a bit and refined it'll undo a bolt that was freshly tightened to 150lb.ft.

For the money, I'd be happy just using it for occasional scaffolding.

Hoping the one I bought direct from China eventually turns up, but it was only a £10 gamble.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
2 hours ago, PeterW said:

Don’t buy the fakita angle grinder ... just died on me after 2 weeks and not given it that much abuse !

I've hammered mine and it's been great, the Makita powered Chinesium mini chainsaw too. 

On 26/05/2020 at 15:39, Declan52 said:

Am looking at getting an impact driver like these. How are they holding up after a few months use. Any issues with the batteries as well.

I have used Makita for 4 years. Impact driver used loads and loads with no problem. Batteries replaced once recently. But as PeterW says only use originals! Oh and let hot batteries cool down before charging.

Just now, Marvin said:

I have used Makita for 4 years. Impact driver used loads and loads with no problem. Batteries replaced once recently. But as PeterW says only use originals! Oh and let hot batteries cool down before charging.

Never bought one of these. Got a cracking deal on a makita impact driver twin set in 12v. Much easier to use all day than a big 18v unit. Plenty of power as well.

3 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Never bought one of these. Got a cracking deal on a makita impact driver twin set in 12v. Much easier to use all day than a big 18v unit. Plenty of power as well.

Yeah. I use the 18v one. "Home Improvements" style!

• 4 months later...

Today I received a Fakita multitool for which I paid £36.40 on Banggood. No major issue there as I wanted one and was happy to pay that but seeing the value stamped on the box it came in as USD 17.70 was a bit of a kicker!

No accessories or instructions with it, just came in a clear plastic bag in a plain cardboard box. Has quick tool change etc.

Seems really well made and works fine. No label on it at all ?

16338006466201341997739.thumb.jpg.3e85312ba2bdf1d6cb8b26ae85aa7adb.jpg

1633800671427-1859383409.thumb.jpg.bca70fe63d103fbeafca179eb89aa8d7.jpg

Edited by Onoff