Depression in ICF wall (Render cost)

Hi There,

a friend of mine recently built an ICF house from Nudura, the lads building it, kicked out his 1st floor gable wall, by about 15-20mm, meaning the ground floor wall, needed some serious filling in to match...This cost him about 2.5K extra for the render guy.

I just threw a stringline on my wall, as the ICF and noticed a good section of it bowing inwards around 20mm, (This is at about 8M in height, I have yet to track down the wall, wish I had learned to use a string line before this)

I'll try to work out the area, but is this something you'd hold back money from the builders for? (They're looking to settle up urgently :))

https://youtu.be/96nnzpQ4jG8

Thanks

Edited by magnethead
  • Like 1

20mm over how long - it looks about 8-10m? If it was being rendered I wouldn't even get upset about this - a little bit more scratch on that area even to take it to a 10mm difference and you would never notice it.

Edited by Carrerahill

4 hours ago, magnethead said:

[...]

I just threw a stringline on my wall, as the ICF and noticed a good section of it bowing inwards around 20mm, (This is at about 8M in height, I have yet to track down the wall, wish I had learned to use a string line before this)

[...]

I held back £9000 from my ICF 'builders' for similar issues. I also gave him a clear, evidenced (videos, time lapse images, and plain images)  reason for doing so.  No request for payment of the outstanding balance, no Letter Before Action, silence in fact.

For the last fortnight, and many weeks to come, I will be dealing with the effects of both my naivety and the company's unprofessional behaviour. Just search for my  content relsating to Durisol (and nightmares) , its all there.

20mm over 8m is a lot. @PeterW will know whether this is an acceptable level of error. Maybe I'm showing my 'soreness' about the issue. I used to be a nice guy. 'm a nasty bastard now.

10mm in 5m plumb is in one of the technical standards  (NHBC/LABC) but not got either to hand, that's for brick and block. 20mm out on ICF sounds odd, that’s quite a kick. Is it for a large area ..? Base coat and a straight edge may help smooth it but not if it’s a big slow curve.  

I'll come back once I gauge the exact area, I drew the stringline from one side of the gable wall to the other at a height of 8M, so I don't know the vertical component yet. Horizontally at that height, It's about a 5M slow curve, measuring 20mm at the worst point, the Facia above it has to be straight, as it's a metal one. I might need to build the wall out completely with render to match. I'll see what the guys say