Bathroom starts !

Sigh!

I'm struggling with the ensuite recesses . To silicone an easy access wall corner using fugi thingies no problem.

To try and do the same in the recess is just to awkward - it looks a bit crap ( hence no photo ).

Overall I'm not happy with the ensuite recess trim - wish I bought a recess you don't tile and just goes straight in!

Anyway! I could use the mitre corner edges to cover the opening edges ( as I plan to use in the bathroom recesses ). But I'm struggling to find any 'trim' for all the recess internal joins. I suppose I could reverse the corner edge to make an 'L' on the inside. Not really sure.........

Or of course I could not worry as no one will ever notice apart from me!!!.

The issue is these bloody hex tiles. The surface undulates as they are textured so to get a nice straight mastic line is almost impossible... f ucking tiles - SWMBO's fault !

1 minute ago, pocster said:

No ! Your tiles are puss easy as they are nice and smooth !

I reckon your hex tiles would look all right. I'd want to keep them symmetrical mind. Say two whole hexes and halves either side.

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I reckon your hex tiles would look all right. I'd want to keep them symmetrical mind. Say two whole hexes and halves either side.

That’s not the problem . It’s getting a semi decent silicone line over an undulating pattern in an awkward area . Tempted to cut out the silicone and just grout it - that would be a pita ...

15 minutes ago, pocster said:

That’s not the problem . It’s getting a semi decent silicone line over an undulating pattern in an awkward area . Tempted to cut out the silicone and just grout it - that would be a pita ...

You can get internal corner trim...

Screenshot_20201123-182414.thumb.png.e265299ee8d6681feb60fe3614d62f8d.png

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

@pocster have you got a decent Cramer / Fugi silicone set as they have guide runners for doing uneven tiles. 

I think so. I bought a set of 4 - i.e. a variety of shapes. I'll bite th bullet and put some photo's up tomorrow. I've been over and re-siliconed it twice - but not having a nice flat vertical surface is a pain.

Edited by pocster

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Remember you're not alone! I did my silicone then took it all out and redid with the Fugi kit:

20190214_171557

2019-02-23_05-19-11

Pockets were a pita to do. Still not happy with bits (quite a few actually).

Yeah . I should of just used internal trim to start with ....

Really temped to just literally stick ‘L’ trim over it - hides it all 

Edited by pocster

14 minutes ago, pocster said:

Mine never had any black inserts - that’s new to me . Even so it wouldn’t help with internal recess corners .

Is it a knock off then not a proper Cramer kit ..? Internal recess will hardly be seen when full of bottles of various ladies potions ... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Is it a knock off then not a proper Cramer kit ..? Internal recess will hardly be seen when full of bottles of various ladies potions ... 

yes - some eBay rubbish . Though as I said on nice easy access corners ( as Demo’d on the sink corner ) I was more than happy . Must admit - it’s ocd ; which I never had until I started tiling . Agree , once filled with female crap you won’t see the tiles let alone any silicone ?

• Haha 1