Bathroom starts !

Sink on . Water feed to taps leak . Olive fittings against Hep2o . I’ll take then off tomorrow and ptfe the threads . Waste in . Tiger seal ( hence the lovely black mess ) to compression fittings . I prefer it this way .

4B241395-708B-4945-B942-EB7EBFB37815.jpeg

C46E3459-92A3-4CF8-A8D0-04E14BDBFAC9.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Looking good ?

Is that braided hose kinked or is it just the camera angle? If it is, you want to sort that out, otherwise it will spring a leak in the future. 

Kinky, need you ask?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Looking good ?

Is that braided hose kinked or is it just the camera angle? If it is, you want to sort that out, otherwise it will spring a leak in the future. 

A slight kink I think . Surely it’s not an issue ??? ( I’ll get better photos tomorrow)

21 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Looking good ?

Also getting those braids out without removing the entire would be impossible....

Making me worry now !!

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Also getting those braids out without removing the entire would be impossible....

Making me worry now !!

Flexis are pretty sensitive in my experience. When I’ve lived elsewhere in Europe, every fitting is connected via a flexi and they fail fairly frequently. Probably affected more by hardwater too. 

Hopefully a proper plumber will be along soon to tell you it’ll be fine. 

7 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Flexis are pretty sensitive in my experience. When I’ve lived elsewhere in Europe, every fitting is connected via a flexi and they fail fairly frequently. Probably affected more by hardwater too. 

Hopefully a proper plumber will be along soon to tell you it’ll be fine. 

Tempted to remove them and replace them with something 

Talk about what lies beneath, you ain't fussy are you?

image.png.b0a911c247084fc48af59726c99e3bd5.png

Give as a shout if you want my plumber to come and tidy it up!

P3260034_zpsd965d5a7

Saying that I'll swap my supper neat, HIDDEN plumbing for your nice straight tiling with no shadow lines, you can see mine in the dark!

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Talk about what lies beneath, you ain't fussy are you?

image.png.b0a911c247084fc48af59726c99e3bd5.png

Give as a shout if you want my plumber to come and tidy it up!

P3260034_zpsd965d5a7

Saying that I'll swap my supper neat, HIDDEN plumbing for your nice straight tiling with no shadow lines, you can see mine in the dark!

?

What the eye doesn’t see the heart doesn’t know !

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

Are you sure it’s not running down from above?, that joint is above the water level In the trap (try a smear of Vaseline on the blue bit).

Could be - so hard to tell . Could just ct1 the nuts off the fitting to the sink like I did on the other one . Probably best to do that anyway 

29 minutes ago, pocster said:

Could be - so hard to tell . Could just ct1 the nuts off the fitting to the sink like I did on the other one . Probably best to do that anyway 

Looks like the compression ring is missing. Should be a thin plastic ring that sits on top of the rubber seal below the nut to stop the nut tearing the ring. 

What brand are these ...?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Looks like the compression ring is missing. Should be a thin plastic ring that sits on top of the rubber seal below the nut to stop the nut tearing the ring. 

Came with the taps - Roper Rhodes 

7 minutes ago, PeterW said:

My vote is with Peter. You have lost the compression ring you tart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1