Jump to content

JohnMo

Members
  • Posts

    13292
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    200

Everything posted by JohnMo

  1. Whatever, I'll keep doing what I do, as I said never had an issue.
  2. Maybe something like this in reverse. Slope thing slightly to run off to the gravel
  3. Don't do as I do - do as I say, comes to mind. Not much different from a multi millionaire pop star, movie stars, telling everyone to dip their hands in the pockets to give to charity.
  4. There is a roads document that details the slopes required and where the acro drain is located so you don't get slippage on to the road. It basically has to comply with highways regs. Your slope itself is likely to have to SUDs compliant also
  5. We had a full landscaping plan, but at time of sign off most hadn't been done, BC had zero interest, just interested in the actual house build was over plan. Being anal. Your agreed plans for planning and building control, is a legal document. You are not allowed to vary from the agreed plans, so actually installing frosted glass where it hasn't been stipulated is a breach of planning. Prior to doing so, you need permission. So a throw away statement from planning means nothing really.
  6. Really depends how you do it and roof overhangs etc. if required and acro drain will just move the water away out of harms way. Just a matter of planning what you need to do and implementing correctly.
  7. Really wouldn't bother, tech will change by the time you get it working. Or you will change your phone it it won't work.
  8. Only one access point needed. But we have flat access to every door, either on to decking or patio. But whole house is single storey so why not. Nice future proof, you never know what's ahead of you or your family.
  9. Assume NI same as rest of UK and the unvented cylinder would require a G3 certificate to cover the unvented cylinder install. The heat pump install would be asking the commissioning person for a commissioning certificate.
  10. We don't have edge as such. Small step down to gravel
  11. Pretty much exact same. Hep2O will also go into Tectite fitting
  12. You also will need to a ramp down to your parking area from that. I just made a very shallow incline direct from parking area to the level threshold in paving slabs. Never found weed suspension membrane to work. The weed are generally blown on the wind and find their way in from above.
  13. Never seen a need to tank a shower room and in my 60 plus years and never seen an issue. Only ever used moisture resistant plasterboard around the shower and normal elsewhere. Tiles direct to the plasterboard. If you foam the plasterboard on or batten and screw it's not going anywhere quickly.
  14. Integrated multi outlet or all mounted. Should be easy to do if you plan ahead Cool Energy do fan coils for bathrooms, with towel rail also
  15. Why go mlcp, and not just Hep2O? Hep2O is easy to get, pretty idiot proof (that's why I like it) and no special tools needed. Mixes with copper easily.
  16. Well you have answered your own question, as you have already sorted out your storage of the bits. Why build that big, you must rattle about in there
  17. And the spares, where did I put them? Bugger I've looked everywhere?
  18. No, not high enough to mitigate wind disturbance Would they have applied?
  19. Good indication you aren't getting much heat transfer.
  20. What I notice with UFH cooling, it knocks of that uncomfortable couple of degrees at the high end, AND the house actually feels cooler than the gauge would imply. But importantly the recovery time to more normal feeling temperatures is way quicker in the evening.
  21. Our last house had a fully insurance approved and maintained alarm. Out of interest, at one renewal time for insurance, I asked to quote with and without alarm and got the same cost. All these things were true if I declared the alarm. Kept the alarm, didn't declare it any more.
×
×
  • Create New...