Jump to content

Pocster

Members
  • Posts

    14433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by Pocster

  1. Oh I see - sorry ; yes I could do that
  2. Yeah I think the issue is if I ran the tile level they would be above the threshold . I’ll grind the screed one day ........ ?
  3. The gap they left me . Was just going to fill with a screed mix myself . I double checked and at the opening door end there probably is 18mm . So assume the screed is maybe 10mm our across the span of around 7 meters . Did think a concrete grinder might be the solution .
  4. So , the glazing fitters have been as expected job only half done some “glazing to follow” Anyway , plan was to have internal and external tiles level with large slliders . We discussed and around 18mm would be free . Stuck the spirit level on and as it meets the door I’ve got maybe 8mm . Tile 10mm , adhesive 5mm , de coupling Mat etc. Making around 18 . Erm - what do I do here ? . I assume the tiles are meant to be flush with the track ? .
  5. You are too bloody ocd fussy ! . No wonder it takes you a week to get a tile on the bleeding wall !
  6. Did it like that on purpose to annoy you !
  7. Home made cable tray made . Strip of osb with pipe insulation at the edges . This is to stop a cable spilling over ( will also metal strap later ) - also allows a cable to deviate off the tray for a fitting . Best bit ; it cost nothing - just materials lying around .
  8. Nope!
  9. Yes ! The threads back alive ! Everything will be ok now , election , brexit - @Onoff saves us all !
  10. Ah I see ! ?
  11. Why is that ? I must have missed this tax break ... Plots sold not main residence; surely income tax ???!?! ?
  12. Tax would be due on sale of plots ?!
  13. @Mr Punter is right . That’s the easiest way to maximise your gain with less hassle . But building each and living in each is the ultimate gain ?. When I got planning I could of sold the entire plot with planning AND my house as one thing - no CGT ?. But ; that was too easy . Better to split the plot . Sell my residential so no CGT . Buy something else to live in . Back at plot build house with of course ultimately moving into that . This kind of route isn’t for the faint hearted. As mentioned no matter what it took you to get here ( my planning permission took 5 years ) that ‘tax efficient, maximum return’ path becomes your life and you must be dedicated to the cause. The destination IS the journey .???
  14. You absolutely must build one , live in it . Build the other . Sell 1st and live in 2nd Its not a quick turnaround but certainly don’t hand over CGT to the taxman ! Good on you for getting planning for 2 - maximise the return on your assets !!
  15. Really helpful @PeterW - nearer the time to implement this ill post photos to make sure I’m doing it right . But in essence it sounds quite simple ; appreciated.
  16. I still don’t get how this works . if a pipe is full of cold water how is that ‘pumped’ out and replaced with hot ? Sorry if I’m being thick and unskilled ?
  17. Still can’t visualise how this is plumbed up .
  18. Funnily enough they carried in ( 8 guys I think ) the 2 sliding pains at 330kg each through the front door opening and lowered them underground.. Just one small dent ; but they are in !
  19. My temp staircase has lasted well , a few repairs now and again . Window fitters were in ... Guess health and safety won’t be too impressed....
  20. Bah ! I don’t know anyone with a Ltd vat registered. Poop !
  21. Oh hardy har har! Like I'm going to make THAT mistake!
  22. It would seem so . Not sure if the difference really to selling it direct to me .
  23. Yeah . This is my best bet . Just got to find someone with a vat registered company.
  24. Sliding doors . I’ll find someone with a company and get them to make the purchase .
×
×
  • Create New...