Jump to content

Onoff

Members
  • Posts

    21173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    206

Everything posted by Onoff

  1. Great help, thanks! 👍
  2. Only if you fit the wires wrong.
  3. I suppose he used screw terminals did he? Leaving the install open to screws loosening over time. WAGOs all day long for me. Maintenance free to all intents and purposes.
  4. The lever on these fakes feels like it could suddenly snap. Also on the real ones the lever action is in two stages, like 95% closed then you feel a positive but very defined, extra click. These fakes, the last bit is very wishy washy. I'm only using it to common up 6, low current 24vdc negatives then take a 7th off to my gate PCB.
  5. Clearly @pocster knows different 😂
  6. Bump...still waiting for the link to genuine WAGO 8-ways...
  7. I don't fink so bruv!
  8. Can you get official, 8-way, Wago 221 or 222s?
  9. Just got some 8-way WAGO copies, FAKOs if you like! Fresh from the Guangzhou Dangerous Toy & Lawnmower Company. Not using them on mains, just for my gate photocells. First impression is they're made from more brittle and lighter weight plastic than the real thing. Shown next to a genuine 5-way. Not sure they'd pass the drop test.
  10. How long then is optimum? Beans, that is... Seem to remember my old man's runners being about a foot long.
  11. You mean they'll "runner" way?
  12. I think we have beans:
  13. That will possibly get icy too where it's damp? Do you have a handrail or glass screen there that I'm missing? Or is it not used?
  14. I made a gate out of worse.
  15. Onoff

    Gate Pillars

    A stainless steel, 10mm plate, this for mounting my gate motor. The thin galvanised one that came with it offended me and has bloody great holes for slugs etc to get up inside. It'll slip over the 3" drainpipe all the cables and ducts are in. It'll also support the cast motor frame over it's whole area. Drilling the 70mm hole was fun.
  16. How deep is the water? Lay a big piece of artificial grass up there! 😂
  17. Bugger! 6 years old. I am very disappointed.
  18. Ah yes, casu martzu...I wouldn't!
  19. Grubscrews in door handles are often made of cheese nowadays. Over zealous application of the Allen key results in the hex in the screw rounding off.
  20. Some square shafts have a V groove in them for the grub screw to locate. I've drilled them too!
  21. That'd really bug me especially when it goes stagnant and becomes a mozzie breeding ground. Tip a few gallons of Desmopol over the roof and it'll fill up the depression...maybe 😂
  22. https://sbstradesales.co.uk/
  23. I tend to take out and very lightly drill the square shaft where the grub screw has marked it in order for the point of the grub screw to go into something. For repeat looseners I'll apply low strength Loctite.
  24. Should have used Illbruck FM330 foam! 😂
  25. Is the menu spelt right?
×
×
  • Create New...