Rainfall Shower Head

Onoff

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

You could wire it to 415 3 phase and it would be self drying too ....

That's just being silly. Anyway I've got one of these:

Seriously, I have one to go in. Test ran it at work. Big grin! 

7 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

I need to get one of those for work! Where do you keep her in the office? 

I think it was Triton made them originally but discontinued it for some reason. I bought it second hand but new/unused and still in the box off of Gumtree. Seemingly they bought it pretty much after their high spec bathroom was finished to be told it needed it's own 8.5kW (or is it 9kW?) supply. It has a clever relay thing in there so you can wire it off of a suitable, local shower supply whereby only shower or dryer will run at one time. They had a pumped shower, the cu was the other side of the house, loft boarded etc so decided against it because of the hassle. Tbh their bathroom was tiny anyway. 

I was a bit hesitant whether it would work but have run it to test on the low setting off a 32A supply on the bench. Think.....Avro Vulcan noise crossed with the downdraft of a Harrier!  xD Not THAT bad tbh but it certainly "works". 

shower.JPGwe went for the same crosswater fittings in all four of our showers and they are brilliant, I wanted to cut some costs by going for something cheaper but I am gald I didn't win that argument.  There customer service is excellent too we had an issue with on of the diverter boxes and they helped the plumber fix it and get it working over the phone in 20 minutes and have said they will replace it straight away if it causes a problem again.

Edited by Mikey_1980
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey_1980 said:

shower.JPGwe went for the same crosswater fittings in all four of our showers and they are brilliant, I wanted to cut some costs by going for something cheaper but I am gald I didn't win that argument.  There customer service is excellent too we had an issue with on of the diverter boxes and they helped the plumber fix it and get it working over the phone in 20 minutes and have said they will replace it straight away if it causes a problem again.

Do you have a pic of the diverter arrangement?

2 hours ago, Mikey_1980 said:

we went for the same crosswater fittings in all four of our showers and they are brilliant, I wanted to cut some costs by going for something cheaper but I am gald I didn't win that argument.

+1 on the Crosswater fittings. They are what we fitted in all of the bathrooms in our barn conversion. Really good quality and still going strong 10+ years later.

IIRC ours came from Bathstore at the time who discounted heavily to win the order. No idea if they still stock them.