Supplier of bespoke doors

vivienz

NThe ground floor of my new build is higher than average and the internal door openings are correspondingly higher.

I have 2 sets of double doors leading off the hallway and one single door between the utility and kitchen. The height of the opening on these is 2300mm rather than the standard 2100mm. It looks like I need to order doors to be made to size as I don't want to pack down the opening and lose the additional height as this will throw off the proportions of the rooms.

Does anyone have any suggested suppliers of internal door suppliers who offer bespoke sizes?

• 1 month later...

I'm giving this thread a bump as I may have found a solution for over height doors.

I've gone through loads of suppliers recently and struggled to find anyone who will supply over height doors at a decent price and lead time. One quote came in at 4k for a set of double doors snd one single with side lights. Outrageous! Especially with a 12 week lead time.

Anyhow, I'm putting in an enquiry tomorrow to a Dutch supplier - 2315mm is a standard and widely stocked door height over there - the Dutch are tall! Hopefully, they will ship to the UK and I'll get my doors at a reasonable price in a few weeks.

47 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Oh please do tell us the details of this Dutch supplier, we are about to buy doors.

I will confirm once I know whether they ship to the UK.  If they don't, I'm sure I'll find one as I have a number of Dutch friends who are happy to do a bit of research for me over the other side of the channel.

Do you need over height doors, Dave?

I found plenty of doors with 2040 mm as a height option.  Sadly, I'm after 2300 or thereabouts, which is nigh on impossible here, it seems.

Check out Todd Doors - lots of choice in that height and at reasonable prices.

https://www.todd-doors.co.uk/internal-doors#/specFilters=72m!#-!194&pageSize=30&viewMode=grid&orderBy=0&pageNumber=1

Edited by vivienz
link to door supplier

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread as I've found my over height door supplier and I'm just about to order from them subject to one final query.

This is the Dutch website and the doors that I'm having for 2 sets of double doors into the snug and kitchen/lounge, as well as the cloakroom under the stairs (not glazed).

Dutch door supplier

The website price doesn't include the glazing or any of the hardware.  The UK price is £499, VAT inc. and delivery is £50.  This price is for a fully glazed and fully finished door, so no painting needed and you can specify the colour (RAL) that you want.  They will produce any height you want up to 2400mm - this is the bit that I struggled to get with UK suppliers.  The lead time is up to 4 weeks - 2 weeks for manufacture and then they ship every 2 weeks to the UK.

This is the UK outlet for the supplier and I've dealt with either Lorraine or Mike, who have both been really helpful.

Weekamp Doors UK

Edited by vivienz

Yet another bump and addition to this as Weekamp seem to have updated their website. I'm getting some of their shaker double doors, overheight, priced at £510 VAT inc. and including glazing, for the pair.