Plumbing dishwasher

Pocster

I think that the two stubs on the vertical pipes may have blanks in them that can be removed and your dishwasher pipe connected to either of them with a jubilee clip!! Longer waste pipes or extenders are available on Ebay.  I would be more worried about the open socket on your right hand sink!, is there another overflow to be connected to it?.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-Dishwasher-Waste-Long-Drain-Hose-Pipe-Extension-Connection-Kit-2-5m/311895640743?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D55148%26meid%3D90e7ad9517c44b72a8e8bbd4d9a92fd5%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D311895640743&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

Edited by joe90

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

. For reasons unknown only the left sink has a overflow slot - not the right

I think I see a lip around both sinks. Would the logic be that, in the event that the right sink over fills, it then overflows into the the left sink, which if that then also overflows it does so down its overflow drain?

Did they perhaps only supply a single sink plug?

Edited by Dreadnaught

1 minute ago, Dreadnaught said:

I think I see a lip around both sinks. Would the logic be that, in the event that the right sink over fills, it then overflows into the the left sink, which if that then also overflows it does so down its overflow drain?

Did they perhaps only simply a single sink plug?

I guess that’s possible . Could test it ?

Guess it saves the manufacturer 20p ?

I am more shocked at the plumber or kitchen fitter that hacked half the back of the cabinet out, rather than drill a hole for the waste pipe., or the "plumber" that used that flexi waste because it was quicker than doing a proper job.

The right hand waste will need a plug in the unused overflow port and whichever washing machine hose point you do not use will need a blanking plug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ProDave said:

I am more shocked at the plumber or kitchen fitter that hacked half the back of the cabinet out, rather than drill a hole for the waste pipe., or the "plumber" that used that flexi waste because it was quicker than doing a proper job.

Ikea. Plug n play is their ethos, and that knockout looks very factory to me ;)  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Ikea. Plug n play is their ethos, and that knockout looks very factory to me ;)  

So it might but it’s still crap, I used to fit kitchens and I would never leave one looking like that.

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

The big issue with these sort of drains is that the dishwasher goes into the sink drain not after the trap so any smells from the dishwasher drain are transmitted into the kitchen. 

Never thought of that, tho I can say it’s not been an issue for me (so far ?). I suppose if the dishwasher pipe entered the drain after the trap, water in the pipe would act as it’s own trap!

Got that extension pipe suggested .

Fit is way to slack !!!

The ‘ribbed’ section of the hose goes in - I *assume* the next section is aswell ?? ( impossibly tight ; even with a bit of fairy ?‍♀️ on it ) . So guess that ain’t right .

Presumably I need something else ???

E6C81321-1346-4DEB-B711-B8D6C407E444.jpeg

Edited by pocster

No, afaic only the rubber part should be a friction fit on the ribbed bit, where did you get it from?, can you take your hose off the machine and take it to where you bought the extension. Frustrating that such minor work seems to take forever !!!! Also take the other bit off the pipe under the sink (if it will come off) to make sure that end fits as well.

58 minutes ago, joe90 said:

No, afaic only the rubber part should be a friction fit on the ribbed bit, where did you get it from?, can you take your hose off the machine and take it to where you bought the extension. Frustrating that such minor work seems to take forever !!!! Also take the other bit off the pipe under the sink (if it will come off) to make sure that end fits as well.

It was the ebay link you gave. Yeah it's loose as anything no friction at all.

Not happy to have a 'join' anyway.

@ProDave think that might be a better idea; will remove it tomorrow - happier I think with 1 continuous pipe....

Edited by pocster
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, pocster said:

It was the ebay link you gave. Yeah it's loose as anything no friction at all.

Not happy to have a 'join' anyway.

@ProDave think that might be a better idea; will remove it tomorrow - happier I think with 1 continuous pipe....

Actually it’s a brand new dishwasher 

Do I really want to take the back off and invalidate my guarantee??? ?