oven width

On slide and hide, I think the relveant things to think about are:

1 - Space. Less needed in a large kitchen, but a very significant benefit in eg a terrace galley kitchen.

2 - Lifting things in and out. Much easier for heavy items, or people who are short or with poor strength at full stretch, as they can get closer.

I used one because it was a very small kitchen.

wenham-kitchen.jpg.627d5ce28b56c6e8d65e5231340197d2.jpg

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

The space issue is taken care of in Scottish building regs. A minimum circulation space of 1400mm by 1800mm so in a galley kitchen you must leave at least 1400mm space which is ample for a conventional oven door.

I wanted the slide and hide door, but didn't like the cheap toggle button control, and didn't think the touchscreen version worth the extra £££. Went for a Seimens self cleaning oven with sliding / pull out shelf rails instead.

I though that ovens were just ovens but the difference between living with a new cheap oven or an old retarded oven compared to using a modern, multi-programmed, decent brand electric oven has been a complete revelation.

In future it would not be something I would cut corners on.  JMTPW.

(Neff S&H without the expensive cleaning cycle but with the mid range touch controls, small LED not dials - I suspect that neither the Neff or the S&H has a massive bearing and a comparable brand with a conventional door is likely to be just as good from a cooking perspective.)

19 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

You could get one with a side opening door.  Here is a cheap second hand one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gaggenau-Oven-BO250-111-60cm-Stainless-Steel-Used-only-a-few-times-Immaculate/292725962883?

Actually still fairly expensive, but fantastic ovens.

Cheap???

I'd expect it to do the shopping and prepare the food for that lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think  it is entirely a matter for the cook....I like Neff, prefer to other makes, when they brought put the slide and hide it was a bonus.  I have the small led display which I like also have the self cleaning oven - dealer gave me an upgrade at same price as regular oven because I bought all my appliances from him.