Recessed tracking for LEDs

ToughButterCup

Of all the different things to think about, decide upon and track down, lighting seems to me to the most annoyingly frustrating. Full of 'professionals ' who when asked simple questions simply can't answer. Or attempt to skirt round the issue and suggest things they have for sale instead.

So called Lighting Designers if I meet one at a party, I'm gonna ...  ?

For example: recessed tracking for LEDs. Not tracking for other types of lights. Or tracking you can see that sits proud of the ceiling or wall.

Proper, purpose built tracking designed to take an LED strip that disappears into the wall - or ceiling.

I can't find any. Have I just got Fridayitus?

This is the website used by my electrician for all our LED tracks ( extrusions). http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/interior-lighting/tape+strip/extrusions+profiles

I think you may be looking for the plastered-in extrusion.

I see you're still with us?  Did you solve your "pressure" problem?

Edited by HerbJ
  • Like 1

Are you just after recessed LED strip channel, with a diffuser over the front?

If so, then there are lots of suppliers around and it's all much of a muchness.  The stuff has a slide or click in place diffuser and will accept a range of LED strip, from just various brightness and shades of white through to colour changing strip that can give you a wide range of lighting colour options (if that's your thing).

The recessed track is just an alloy extrusion, that comes in various lengths, but can be fairly easy cut to size or length butted together to give longer lengths. No particular reason to buy the alloy track and diffuser from the same place you buy the LED strip from either, unless it makes sense price wise. 

All depends what you want to do, but this is the sort of standard LED strip track that's available:

Fix on the surface channel:

flat-aluminium-extrusion-for-led-strip-2

Recessed channel:

recessed-aluminium-extrusion-for-led-str

or there's a whole range of different permutations of fancy stuff for LED strip here: https://www.led-supplies.com/aluminium-channel-for-led-strip/

14 hours ago, HerbJ said:

[...]

I see you're still with us?  Did you solve your "pressure" problem?

Still on my knees looking for obscure bits of plumbing; bringing her breakfast in bed ; offering to do all the shopping ; polishing the bread..... you know, the usual

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

Still on my knees looking for obscure bits of plumbing; bringing her breakfast in bed ; offering to do all the shopping ; polishing the bread..... you know, the usual

Man up Ian. Take a leaf out of @Onoff book. There was no messing with the grout issue, he just told her straight, did he not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, recoveringacademic said:

Doesn't sound very usual to me - you must have been very bad surely this cannot be a consequence of a plumbing problem. I have a suspicion that there is more to learn here.