Q: When is a TAF not a Welshman?

ToughButterCup

A: When it's a T emporary A mphibian F ence

And here for your delectation is a set of photos to explain the idea a bit better;

Starting from a Newt's eye view  this is the trench that has to be dug all the way round your property. Our ecologist sensibly suggested we use our house as part of the TAF - thus reducing the amount of digging to be done

IMG_20160705_113100.jpg

and the mini digger came in handy too;

IMG_20160628_114423.jpg

Then the stakes have to be put in to support the plastic fencing

IMG_20160711_151508.jpg

Occasionally you need to do a little 90 degree turn in the fence.... fiddly and annoying, but fun in the rain

IMG_20160711_151533.jpg

So, not all TAFs are Welshmen.... or plumbers for that matter.

• Like 3

Guest MrsRA
38 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

very tidy job you made there :)

Not bad. Once he'd been shown how to make darts to secure a perfect fit around those awkward bulges ?

So many months of delays, and many £000 of pounds, and it comes down to "dig a trench and bury a plastic sheet on sticks"

Couldn't that have been agreed much quicker and much cheaper?  Talk about mindless beurocracy.

10 hours ago, MrsRA said:

Not bad. Once he'd been shown how to make darts to secure a perfect fit around those awkward bulges ?

Lycra, or am I stirring?

BTW How often do you have to monitor, and is this by yourself or an expensive ologist ?

Ferdinand

19 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Lycra, or am I stirring?

BTW How often do you have to monitor, and is this by yourself or an expensive ologist ?

Lycra would be a better idea than the Tupperware we are required to use. And yes, you are stirring, but I can handle it. 

Monitoring frequency? Daily before 11:00. Every day in the season for the duration of the build. So I can forget going on holiday when the temperature is higher than +5 overnight. Useful pressure to crack on with the build.

By whom? Me, as trained by the  'ologist. Bit of a laugh that because I've been removing them for 15 years at least. Longer than the 'ologist has been alive.

Found one in the dog's feeding bowl this morning, right outside the kitchen door. O.o

• Like 1

Those little plastic fences have been appearing all over the place near here and I was wondering what they were for; thanks for enlightening me.  They are at Graven Hill too - lets see if they (The Council an their subsideries) have the same problems as you have had!  Maybe thats why its a few years delayed.......^_^