Another Aberdeenshire self build

ultramods

Hello....this seems as good a place as any to pop my first post..... we too r building in Aberdeenshire, Lonmay area to be more precise. 

We have our foundation slab complete and have just moved on to building the kit... exciting times! 

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm a little way up the road from you in Ross-Shire.

After many years of nothing, there do seem to be an increasing number of self builds in Scotland again. Shame that confidence is not feeding through into house sales.

8 hours ago, Triple07 said:

Hello....this seems as good a place as any to pop my first post..... we too r building in Aberdeenshire, Lonmay area to be more precise. 

We have our foundation slab complete and have just moved on to building the kit... exciting times! 

Welcome to the forum! B|

• 1 month later...

Hello again, how is everyone? Well we finally got the roof trusses on after a delay due to high winds, dormers and roof ladders to form now, then to get on with sarking the roof prior to slating, roll on the lighter nights.....and the warmer ones!  

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_4490.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 04/07/2020 at 12:59, AnnSyl said:

Hello,

Very early stage of the build, we are still at conceptual design stage. Just wanted to ask what’s everyone’s experience of ICF, good or bad?

Hi AnnSyl,

Welcome!

Where in the world are you? We are early stages too and ICF is coming out top we think. Do you know which system you would use?

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Graham3768 said:

I am looking to build a new home near Cove Aberdeen, I have the plot with planning permission and need as much information, advice, contacts and assistance that anyone can give me, as this will be my first project.

Graham

Graham, I’ve just moved into my self build a few weeks ago.  I’m near Westhill.   Happy to help.