1m high working platform, what options?

If I undertake the construction of my double garage ahead of the main house build I will need a relocatable working platform of say 3m in length to finish off the top 1m of the walls. Getting in proper scaffolding for the 25m perimeter seems like costly overkill.

What type of platform/staging should I think of buying that can be used for the garage build and then later for main house build stages such as fitting posijoists, ceiling plasterboarding, coving and painting.

A pair of bays (16ft) of Kwikstage with 9ft standards would be fine - would set you back the same as a tower but is infinitely more useable. 

If its for only intenal work after then getting 6ft standards instead can make life a bit easier. 

30 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Word of warning with trestles don't buy the them from  a certain diy chain, returned mine and bought proper ones which where actually cheaper!

I would like to see the exact product identified and linked there .... the same chain may have others that are fine.

Ferdinand

Not sure if trestles are allowed on site these days ..? Or is that a rumour ..??

I am not keen on them as they rock when they are more than 2ft high - much prefer Kwikstage as it’s more stable. 

5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Not sure if trestles are allowed on site these days ..? Or is that a rumour ..??

I am not keen on them as they rock when they are more than 2ft high - much prefer Kwikstage as it’s more stable. 

You can get side rails, toe rails and all sort of fancy bolt on features for trestles to make them compliant. Up to a meter the trestles are ok I think but agree anything higher they can be wobbly. The OP only wants them a meter so could be the cheaper and lighter solution. Will definitely need kiwi for the main house though.

For a quick job and ease of movement around different points and the shere amount of different jobs that you can use them trestles are the winner.

If they rock then the chances are not all of the legs are touching the ground maybe due to the legs being twisted. A bit of lath or a brick if they are really bad helps a lot. 

If you have them fully extended up you can wedge some masonry nails in the gap between the frame and the extendable bit to steady it up or tie blue rope from the top of one to the bottom of the other.