Tiling...many questions

Onoff

7 minutes ago, newhome said:

It’s all discontinued before you’ve ever used it? ?

Using the bath and I've tested the body dryer, all good. Everything was new / unused for whatever reason. The bathroom suite was in a Homebase 50% off sale. The two Geberit frames; they had a very thin stud wall downstairs and these were too deep. They could have used one upstairs but the SWMBO wanted upstairs and downstairs to match. Both for £100 result! The body dryer I got when the people had just had a new suite fitted and didn't want the hassle of running a new dedicated supply. They thought it could come off "the light circuit".

Edited by Onoff

Just realised (SWMBO should have checked :) ) that the mosaics are 398x248 and the main tiles 400x250mm. So on the height of the mosaics I'll have to "lose" 2mm at each tile. I'll just position the mosaic strip central to the tile and have a 1mm wider grout gap.

2018-09-08_08-38-29

Edited by Onoff

13 hours ago, Hecateh said:

/

Not quite right. :ph34r: The controversial comment - whatever it was -  has not been quoted.

The technique is to leave it just long enough for someone to quote it, then you can delete it and still claim to be morally virtuous because you had second thoughts.

? ? ? (*)

F

(*) I love these new avatars. There's one for a bunny-boy now, as well as a bunny-girl, they are so PC.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

Arent those tiles meant to be on the wall.

Over half way through my wall tiling although its not as big an area as @Onoff

Out of interest - what adhesive do you all use and how much is it?

Got some rapid set stuff now - too rapid. Getting bored of cleaning gear after every 5 tiles!

Ok so I got a tiler on board, have a ton of tiles waiting to be laid and various bags of adhesive and grout, I got a trade account with walls and floors and checked with the tiler if the price I was paying for the adhesive seemed reasonable, yes says he , then tonight he phoned wanting tubs of ready mixed adhesive, told him it was all here now and I ain’t buying any more, he’s not wanting to use the bags, says it won’t do! Anyone anything to say re ready mix v bags?

On 09/09/2018 at 14:11, CC45 said:

Out of interest - what adhesive do you all use and how much is it?

Just bumping this.  I'd rather not use more of the current stuff (pot time is too short) - just interested in what you all use and the rough price.

Cheers