Can someone help me design by 1.8 lenght* 1.2 width bathroom to england building regs using standard showers and WC. Washbasin can be smalller

Mubbashshir

Hi there, 

Attached is the rough drawings of 1.8*1.2 bathroom with window at the back. Can you help me to fit WC, Shower( step free) ,Washbasin, towel rail  of standard sizes using the working space needed as per building regs. Please mention the sizes of the WC,Shower and Wash basin so it will help me to get the right size. 

If you cannot give me a drawing is there any easy guide which will help me to self design myself. At the moment strugging with working spaces concept when I am trying to design myself. 

with regards,

Mubbashshir

Request_Arrange_Bathroom_as_Per_Building_Regs_Size_1200_1800.jpg

1 hour ago, elite said:

I think that'll be tight.

If you google "bathroom planner", some retailers have a 3d planner that will give you a basic idea of sizes etc

I draw up in sketchup once I have a rough idea

Remember my bathroom door is opening outside into the corridor. Do you think it will help

1 hour ago, AppleDown said:

I've used Planner5D for our build. Really easy to use - you have to pay the monthly subscription to resize everything, but once you're done just cancel and it's a one-off.

I used something similar that also let you do 3D renders. I did a combination of what @ProDave suggested and the 3D render. Both bathrooms worked out perfectly size and space wise. 

Is there a soil stack already? If not where is the nearest drain or inspection chamber?

What's the floor made of? 

Could you move the door so access is from the bedroom or is it going to be a shared bathroom? That might make the layout easier. Currently you can't put a shower either end because of the door and window. I suppose you could put it at the window end but that's not ideal.

1 hour ago, Temp said:

Is this the only WC on the ground floor? Does it need to comply with the disabled access regs (part M)?

this is the only WC on ground floor. I don't know if it has to comply with disabled access regs(part M), Its York council who will deal with it. 

Edited by Mubbashshir

1 hour ago, Temp said:

Is there a soil stack already? If not where is the nearest drain or inspection chamber?

Could you move the door so access is from the bedroom or is it going to be a shared bathroom? That might make the layout easier. Currently you can't put a shower either end because of the door and window. I suppose you could put it at the window end but that's not ideal.

We can move the door into bedroom and give the batheroom pocket door and make the bedroom door opening into corridor normal door. If it helps 

What's the context of this work? Unless it's a new build or major refurbishment, then you might not need to comply with part M. If you do, there's no way you are fitting that all in. The issue will be the clear spaces at the door and in front of the toilet.

2 hours ago, Temp said:

Attached is drawing the rodding chamber currently is in the corridor of proposed drawing and planning to relocate in front of the proposed bedroom on right(its marked in red for your easy reference). The waste pipe actually runs under the proposed room shown in the drawing and joins the in the shared public sewer chamber which is in my neighbours.(shown in drawing). Can you educate me on soil pipe ,as to how do we design so its in right location. Note: Ignore the dimensions on this drawings as they will to corrected soon,  hence shared the earlier drawing which is more accurate with regards to dimensions

Rodding_Chamber_Location_Proposed_Location.jpg

Edited by Mubbashshir

12 minutes ago, Conor said:

What's the context of this work? Unless it's a new build or major refurbishment, then you might not need to comply with part M. If you do, there's no way you are fitting that all in. The issue will be the clear spaces at the door and in front of the toilet.

Hi Conor, Its  single story rear extension to existing 3 bedroom semi detached house with no ground floor WC facility currently. However we have normal bathroom on first floor. Do I still have to comply with Part M

2 minutes ago, Mubbashshir said:

Hi Conor, Its  single story rear extension to existing 3 bedroom semi detached house with no ground floor WC facility currently. However we have normal bathroom on first floor. Do I still have to comply with Part M

Have you submitted your plans to BC and have they approved them? Ask them.

We added a tiny ground floor WC when doing same type of project. 

1 hour ago, Mubbashshir said:

I wouldn’t think so……it’s an extension.

2 hours ago, ETC said:

Hi Please refer attached document page 1 section Application:
0.2 The recommendation of this volume of this approved document apply to newly erected dwellings, and dwellings undergoing alteration only. 
They do not apply to the extension of a dwelling

BR_PDF_AD_M1_2015_with_2016_amendments_V3.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DevilDamo said:

IMG_1475.jpeg

Hi Dave, Thanks you very much. Is there any compliance you had to follow to sketch this up. As I can see you have left 600 mm in front of  WC and 800 mm in front of WHB. It will help me with my understanding. Also can use non standard door width for bathroom door opening outside to avoid any accidents as it is opening in corridor. 

19 hours ago, elite said:

I think that'll be tight.

If you google "bathroom planner", some retailers have a 3d planner that will give you a basic idea of sizes etc

I draw up in sketchup once I have a rough idea

17 hours ago, Temp said:

Is this the only WC on the ground floor? Does it need to comply with the disabled access regs (part M)?

17 hours ago, Temp said:

15 hours ago, Conor said:

14 hours ago, ETC said:

14 hours ago, ETC said:

Hi Please refer attached document page 1 section Application:
0.2 The recommendation of this volume of this approved document apply to newly erected dwellings, and dwellings undergoing alteration only. 
They do not apply to the extension of a dwelling

10 hours ago, ETC said:

My tuppence hal’penney’s worth…..

IMG_3866.png

That would work if done as a full wet room.

You would want to avoid too much water splashing on your door and into the WC area.  For that in our wet room (shower in corner) I use two of the cheap over bath shower screens.  Hung on the wall so the bottom is 100mm above the floor and the top is about eye level for me.  The don't stop all the water splashing but most of it, a little will splash over the top and there will be some bounce at the bottom, but generally it keeps the non shower parts of the wet room dry.  when not in use they fold almost flat against the wall.

7 hours ago, Mubbashshir said:

Hi Dave, Thanks you very much. Is there any compliance you had to follow to sketch this up. As I can see you have left 600 mm in front of  WC and 800 mm in front of WHB. It will help me with my understanding. Also can use non standard door width for bathroom door opening outside to avoid any accidents as it is opening in corridor.

You do not need to meet any requirements. Just fit out the space the best you can.

• Thanks 1