Small Temporary Fence

Hi All

I need to install a temporary (at least a year) fence around 1.2m high and no longer than 8m in length just to keep a small down in my garden

I have been scouring the internet but i wanted to avoid concreting any posts in as this will be moved this time next year when we landscape the garden etc..

I was thinking just some knock in posts and wire mesh pinning on...would this be suitable?

Could anyone recommend any other ideas at all? Even knock in fences as a whole but the there is a slight fall on the ground

Apologies for  the random question but hopefully one of you guys would of been in the same position and have some insight

I had to create a temp fence on my build about the same size for root protection, I used farmers fence posts and sheep fencing, council tried to get me to get an arborist survey done (more money) but i rang the councils own arborists, told him what I did and he agreed it was fine then told the council their own chap agreed. Job done.

• Like 1

Round posts or splits rammed in to the ground with PVC coated stock fencing. We did this to protect some steep falls / slopes and did the job well. 

11 hours ago, richo106 said:

I need to install a temporary (at least a year) fence around 1.2m high and no longer than 8m in length just to keep a small down in my garden

Just for clarity and best advice, what do you need to keep in your garden?

2 hours ago, Roundtuit said:

to keep a small down in my garden

a small what?

will plastic mesh do the job? It may need replacing after 6 months as not all of it can stand sunshine. It can be in green or blue. You can pin it down with tent pegs.

Vigil Products Orange Barrier Fencing - 50 metres VP-BF4-50

22 hours ago, joe90 said:

had to create a temp fence on my build about the same size for root protection,

I just knocked posts in to ground, ran three lengths of wire top, middle and bottom and infilled with orange dayglow mesh cable tied to the wires.

• Like 1