Surplus solar diverter + battery storage issue?

Hello, Octopus recently completed our ASHP installation (£700 after deducting bus) which is performing very well. We wanted to use a solar diverter with off peak grid if required, to heat the DHW cylinder. We purchased a PV MATE solar diverter and Octopus have connected it to the cylinder for us.  I am having problems getting the surplus solar function to operate and wonder, because we have battery storage, if the batteries need to be 100% charged first before the diverter can come into action.

Ours is similar, only once battery is fully charged and the PV has no where to go but export, does the CT clamp pick up and divert to immersion.

Hi John, today batteries are 100% and PV MATE is showing 1.5kwh + is being diverted to immersion, however test meter on immersion heater shows only circa 140volts AC is being delivered. I note that page 3 of instructions says "installation must be in the immediate vicinity of the water heater"  Our PV MATE is about 15 meters from the cylinder via a 2.5 cable, then spur outlet then .5 metres of 2.5 heat resistant flex. Could the 15.5 metre cable run be causing such a big voltage drop??  When we use the boost function then the normal 230v AC is delivered.  Any ideas/observations would be much appreciated

56 minutes ago, lakelandfolk said:

circa 140volts AC is being delivered

Not really sure how they modulate the power to match what's available? Maybe they vary volts to keep things in balance - could be talking rubbish. @ProDave maybe able to shed some light on it as he built his own diverter.

Thanks John,  I'm still confused, despite the voltage at the immersion heater appearing to be 140v ac the heater appears to be performing OK and the water temp has increased in 1 hour from 43 to 55 degrees. I will try asking ProDave as you suggest