Supplier for TP654 tape

@craig or anyone. Can anyone suggest a supplier for Illbruck TP654 88mm/6-15 all-in-one tape?

Sealants online are out of stock for 4-6 weeks (I need it in 5 weeks). Dortech don't stock 88mm (just 58 and 66mm). Nothing else comes up on a search.
I need deep tape as the timber windows are 95mm thick.
Thanks

Window vertical section.png

Hi

Can you drop me a message with how many metres you require and I'll give you a price direct from Illbruck and a timescale.

Thanks

Craig

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Novice Becky said:

Couldn't you use a narrower compriband tape and make the difference up with air tight expanding foam? Both more readily available......and possibly cheaper. 

Thanks @Tosh. You're right - TP654 does look pricey on the surface. I'm going to use TP600/FM330/ME508 on a door but because of the roll lengths it actually works out about the same price to use TP654 on 2 windows - and sounds like a much quicker job and less making good after (this is a retrofit). Good to try something new! If I can't get the TP654 then I'll use Compriband. 

55 minutes ago, Novice Becky said:

Thanks @Tosh. You're right - TP654 does look pricey on the surface. I'm going to use TP600/FM330/ME508 on a door but because of the roll lengths it actually works out about the same price to use TP654 on 2 windows - and sounds like a much quicker job and less making good after (this is a retrofit). Good to try something new! If I can't get the TP654 then I'll use Compriband. 

The expanding tape is amazing stuff, often with a price to match! By the time we're finished I wouldn't be surprsied if we've spent £5-600 on compriband, foam, etc around our doors/windows. How will you apply this very wide tape into a small gap and press it onto the frame? We had mostly 10mm gaps and I found even a 20mm deep tape to be quite fiddly to install, but then the reveals on ours are very deep which didn't help. I found a scrap piece of thin, soft metal that I bent to shape to help press it home against the frame. 

You apply the TP654 to the window frame immediately before lifting the window into place. And you don't need the ME508 airtightness tape on the inside.

https://www.illbruck.com/en-gb/products-systems/product-finder/tp654-illmod-trio-1050/

Installation video see 1m50s

I thought I read somewhere that you could also apply the Compriband before installation? I've definitely read that it can be fiddly! But hopefully worth it for airtight windows.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Novice Becky said:

@craig or anyone. Can anyone suggest a supplier for Illbruck TP654 88mm/6-15 all-in-one tape?

Sealants online are out of stock for 4-6 weeks (I need it in 5 weeks). Dortech don't stock 88mm (just 58 and 66mm). Nothing else comes up on a search.
Thanks

Window vertical section.png

I used Pro Clima, much better value for money compared to Illbruck, I was advised to use 20mm tape even though my windows are 100mm deep.

it’s fine to use narrower tape then use airtight foam on the inside.

https://www.ecologicalbuildingsystems.com/product/contega-fiden-exo

I attached the tape to the window, then fitted it, as I have Alu Clad the tape goes 10mm back from the face so would be a bugger to fit after putting the windows frames in 

Edited by Chanmenie

30 minutes ago, Novice Becky said:

You apply the TP654 to the window frame immediately before lifting the window into place.

Have your installers agreed to doing this as it seriously limits the time they have to get the windows in and fixed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Have your installers agreed to doing this as it seriously limits the time they have to get the windows in and fixed.

Yup, they will not thank you for this unless it has been agreed comprehensively before they arrive on site so they can adjust their time / labour fairly.

Thanks @Chanmenie. The Pro Clima system is equivalent to Illbruck i3. The Illbruck TP654 is different - it's an all in one system. So instead of using foam tape then expanding foam then airtightness tape you just apply the TP654 tape to the full depth of the window frame. You don't use foam or airtightness tape. A benefit I see for retrofitting is that I won't need to remove as much plaster on the reveals.

12 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Yes, you're right, you do have to be quick to put the window in place once the tape is on! They were happy to use either the i3 Compriband system or the TP654.

12 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yup, they will not thank you for this unless it has been agreed comprehensively before they arrive on site so they can adjust their time / labour fairly.

Good point. Yes, I've talked it all through with the installer. Unlike others they were happy to fit my windows airtight. They were happy to use either system. The TP654 should save them time compared to using Compriband/foam/airtightness tape!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Novice Becky said:

I've talked it all through with the installer. Unlike others they were happy to fit my windows airtight. They were happy to use either system. The TP654 should save them time compared to using Compriband/foam/airtightness tape!

Which window  system are you using - I expect others would like to know as it simplifies so much to get them fitted air tight?

3 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Which window  system are you using - I expect others would like to know as it simplifies so much to get them fitted air tight?

And where did you find installers that know and care about such things?