Wrong measurement for skylight

On 22/02/2024 at 13:48, Moonshine said:

Any more on this?

Hi,

After the email, a surveyor who originally measured the skylight came and done the measurements. The carpenter said he didn’t say anything whilst he was there. I sent them a follow up email last Friday asking what’s happening and I’m now waiting for their reply.

will keep you posted. 

34 minutes ago, Oceanjules said:

Hi,

After the email, a surveyor who originally measured the skylight came and done the measurements. The carpenter said he didn’t say anything whilst he was there. I sent them a follow up email last Friday asking what’s happening and I’m now waiting for their reply.

will keep you posted. 

The fact they’ve come back out is a positive sign. You just need to persevere. So far I’ve had almost £10,000 written off/discounted for shoddy work on my build. 

• Like 1

Yeah, keep pushing. Keep walking up the organisation to the CEO if it's not tiny - often the juniors won't want to admit mistakes to their bosses and the bosses might take the longer term customer service / reputation view.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Or look at it at 'helping them come to the right decision for ethical and business reputation reasons'. :)

This is a chance for hometec uk to put right their wrong and make sure that they don't suffer business reputational issues, such as a public forum indicating their error showing up in google searches

• Like 1

Good news everyone! We just called their office just to follow up because they didn’t reply from my email. The glass is on order and they will get back in contact to arrange for fitting. (will update you once they have done it)

The heavy weight on my shoulders have been lifted!!! Thinking of the court proceedings had given me so much anxiety. 

All your inputs and advises have helped me so much, so thank you ever so much. 

This has been a big lesson for me and hopefully this will be a lesson to someone else. 

Again, thank you!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oceanjules said:

Good news everyone! We just called their office just to follow up because they didn’t reply from my email. The glass is on order and they will get back in contact to arrange for fitting. (will update you once they have done it)

The heavy weight on my shoulders have been lifted!!! Thinking of the court proceedings had given me so much anxiety. 

All your inputs and advises have helped me so much, so thank you ever so much. 

This has been a big lesson for me and hopefully this will be a lesson to someone else. 

Again, thank you!!!

Great news, and the correct outcome, glad they realised there mistake.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Moonshine said:

Great news, and the correct outcome, glad they realised there mistake.

Thank you so much. Well, they didnt even apologise whatsoever but as long as they replace it without charging me then I’m ok with it.