Single zhender 600 unit, 90mm ducting.  8 extracts. 9 Supply. 

Voids designed in to new build house for ducting so there should be no routing problems.

I've been quoted £1500 to install only.  Is this a good price to save me the hassle?  Or save the money and do it myself? *

*I have no idea how to install this but reading the posts on here its just fixing the ducts with metal strap to the holllow core slabs.  How hard can it be 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Mr Blobby

If that includes balancing and commissioning, and they are confident of not damaging your plaster work when they put the vent terminals in, that’s a pretty good price, at least for London.

Which terminals are you going for? I’ve got cheap ones in my bathroom and kids bedrooms, expensive lindab airy ones elsewhere. Quite a big difference in audibility. Would recommend plumping for lindab airy if you can.

• Like 1

If you’ve the time then go for it. We were quoted £1200 for ours and that was 13 supply and 15 extracts. The price was so good I took it and spent the time I would’ve spent on it doing something else!

It probably took me a week to run 7x supplies and 8x extracts in my renovation, that was traversing solid joists, hiding them in stud walls etc. fitting all the plenums (inc. sealing the first floor penetrations), creating a stud wall to mount the 2x distribution boxes on and hooking everything up. 

Certainly DIYable, but it depends how much you value your time, £1,500 isn't a massive amount in the grand scheme of things and it could allow you to be cracking on with something that's far more expensive to have done by someone else. 

Did it myself, just saw it as one of the simple jobs that I could do without needing to pay someone.  I also saw it that £1500 buys a lot of plasterboard, or half the tiles for my ground floor, or even the 9 days I spent in the Canaries over Christmas.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I've been quoted £1500 to install only.  Is this a good price to save me the hassle?  Or save the money and do it myself

Like most jobs simple enough, but time spent doing this, is time not spent doing other jobs. If your interested in learning all about it, do it yourself, if not really that interested get someone to do it for you. But make sure balancing and commissioning (with calibrated flow meter) is included and full payment not made until complete.

Choose your battles!

You're all concrete? It's a balls tbh with all the drilling of clips and boring of holes for ducts. I didn't enjoy it, but I mad life harder for myself by using galv steel ducting. 

19 hours ago, Adsibob said:

If that includes balancing and commissioning, and they are confident of not damaging your plaster work when they put the vent terminals in, that’s a pretty good price, at least for London.

Which terminals are you going for? I’ve got cheap ones in my bathroom and kids bedrooms, expensive lindab airy ones elsewhere. Quite a big difference in audibility. Would recommend plumping for lindab airy if you can.

Am getting Quite vent terminals with the Kit from BPC, anyone know how they compare to those Lindab ones @Adsibob mentioned