Forster drill

Pocster

I hate things like this .

1 time only to get it right ….

Got to drill the recessed holes for door hinges . 
The Forster instructions confuse me .

1st pic it’s upside down and not directly along the edge . I assume the lip on the jig is for this purpose - also the screws do what ?

2nd pic . After supposedly marking the hole the jig is turned up the right way ( lip used to get position ) and screw fitting holes drilled .

This can’t be correct ! . The jig upside down in pic 1 and the mysterious screws are not helping .

I hate electrics 

I hate plumbing 

I hate joinery 

IMG_9217.jpeg

IMG_9218.jpeg

4 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I have found the only way to drill these holes properly was with a pillar drill.

I’m not worried about drilling it properly - I’m sure I’ll go straight through the (expletive deleted)ing door ! . It’s the positioning I can’t get from the instructions . Decided no jig ( as it wouldn’t work ) and just go in naked ( always best 😉 )

IMG_9219.jpeg

This is confusing 

Left shows I assume 2.1cm ‘in’ i.e edge of door to be inline with first cross . Yet it’s drawn arrow doesn’t go to that vertical point .

3.4cm on the otherside does though …

IMG_9219.jpeg

Perhaps a little on the short side? :D

More seriously, might there be benefit in hanging it on the other side so as to match the machine opening itself? Probably doesn't matter much either way, but I'm just thinking of it might have you a little more space when loading/unloading. 

Edited by MJNewton

1 hour ago, MJNewton said:

Perhaps a little on the short side? :D

More seriously, might there be benefit in hanging it on the other side so as to match the machine opening itself? Probably doesn't matter much either way, but I'm just thinking of it might have you a little more space when loading/unloading. 

I did it that way because it gives more ‘space’ to access washer . But who knows .

Perhaps cabinet door opening 1 way and washer door opening the other way is counter intuitive???

IMG_9236.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Pocster said:

Think I’ll swap it otherwise my ocd won’t allow sleep tonight .

I was just going to say that even if it was counter intuitive you'd soon get used to it, but yes - it is exactly the sort of thing that keeps me awake at night in the planning stages!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJNewton said:

I was just going to say that even if it was counter intuitive you'd soon get used to it, but yes - it is exactly the sort of thing that keeps me awake at night in the planning stages!! 

You are ocd correct . Both doors must open the same way . I’ll be brave and cut the proper door tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

How about a pair of 300 doors, less door in the way. ??????????????????????????????????????????

Ffs ! I’d have to order them and it’s a 6 week wait ! Plus it’s another vertical line in my view . You are a cock tease  

5 minutes ago, Pocster said:

Ffs ! I’d have to order them and it’s a 6 week wait ! Plus it’s another vertical line in my view . You are a cock tease  

Make a pair out of mdf and see what there like, you can use them as a tester for your wonky hole spaces 😁

1 minute ago, Russell griffiths said:

Make a pair out of mdf and see what there like, you can use them as a tester for your wonky hole spaces 😁

No ! . They’ll look shit as you know ! . No machined edges = looks shit 

2 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Not permanently you plonker, just so the wife can make up her mind. 

Ffs - SWMBO make up her mind !!!! . You want me to give her choice 🙄