PD Extensions and floor plan advice

FreddieW

Hello, I am loooking to purchase a 3 bed detached bungalow on 1.5 acres. We would look to start straight away with the extensions under PD to allow for extra bedrooms. Minimum of 4, but ideally 5. I’ve had a few ideas but wondered if anyone else has anything better.

would it be worth going down full planning so that I’ll be able to do a wraparound

Thank you 

C2ED0B2D-C1C5-4FEA-883B-56957B4AD1A0.jpeg

5B69919D-EFB7-43CE-BFEE-EABEA27F1AF4.jpeg

If you’re considering any flat roof extension, they may well require Full Planning as the majority do not meet the PD requirements.

Don’t be limited on what can be done via PD. Your decision should be made on what you want, what can be achieved and the build costs.

• Like 2

Bit of of a strange layout would be better having the bedrooms together and living/day spaces together. Also lots of bedrooms for very limited living space.

Massive hall space being used for nothing much.

Lots of bedrooms (people) for one bathroom.

Just looks like the wrong house, trying to be used, for way too many people.

You maybe better doing a wrap around instead of two extensions, then rejigging the whole space to be a better layout.

Or buy a different house

• Like 1

Hi guys. Yes I understand it’s a bit of a strange layout. 

there is me parter and 2 children

possibly have a third 

the want for extra bedrooms is for her family to stay as we would be a bit out of the way. 

yes the wide hall way is a bit annoying. It’s just over 2000 wide and the front door wouldn’t be used at all as the parking is in the courtyard at the back 

there is also a  2 bedroom annexe that my parents will be living in

finding another property wouldn’t really be an option due to the land and the workshop units that are on the site. 

perhaps if it all goes through I will need to see what an architect could do with my budget. Thank you 

Edited by FreddieW

Get an architect / technologist involved to help with the optimal layout. We did an extension and went ~600mm beyond PD under recommendation of architect... Slightly longer wait to get started but was worth it as the space was perfect. 

• Like 1