Wall Hung Toilet Weight Limit

Triassic

This might be a daft question, but here goes! We've been looking at wall hung toilets and as we have some hefty friends, two of which must be around 18 to 20 stone, wondered about the safe working load when seated? Had a quick search online but none the wiser!

You can park a car on those frames / wall hung pans. They're designed to take impact of you falling over and landing fully on it as you go down, so 3-4 times your body weight. 

Ive fitted a load of these and I've often hopped up onto the outermost edge with my socks on and literally bounced up and down. 

That is of course completely dependant upon it being fitted absolute solid, no gaps between the frame and the PB, and a solid bed of cementitious tile adhesive. 

Last punter was a 21 stone champion power lifter. I fitted 100x50 box section steel floor to ceiling and sat it on 5mm plate atop the 9x3" joists. 

If there was a nuclear war, that would be the only part of the house left intact :D

1 hour ago, RandAbuild said:

Geberit frames are supposed to take 61 stone.

Bit tough if you're 62

I read that somewhere too but couldn't remember if it was 60 or 80.

No need to ask people to jump on the scales before pooping :), but tbh, if your 62 stone then by the time you've bailed out you'll probably be back down to 61 again. 

Wheres my granola ? :S

• Like 1