Large heated towel rail

AdamD

Current one is leaking and is only a half size one so not bothered about fixing as bed a bigger one anyway,  however am really struggling to find a large one which will have the same fixings as the current one as don’t want to be left with exposed holes in the tiles that have been filled. Any ideas?

You_Doodle_2023-10-26T02_07_42Z.jpeg

Do you have any of the original tile grout? Or could you colour match? 

Provided the new rail is in front of it, I doubt you'll notice 3 6mm holes that blend in. 

(I moved my towel rail up 6"and filled my fixing holes with grout, you'd never notice unless someone pointed it out) 

9 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

those fixings have a degree of up-down adjustment and just clamp onto the round tubes, almost anything will fit...

Ah yea, got you. So essentially they should be able to be used on any towel rail so I can simply use those fixings in the same place (plus some at the top) on a larger towel rail?

Just now, FuerteStu said:

Do you have any of the original tile grout? Or could you colour match? 

Provided the new rail is in front of it, I doubt you'll notice 3 6mm holes that blend in. 

(I moved my towel rail up 6"and filled my fixing holes with grout, you'd never notice unless someone pointed it out) 

I don’t think so, was done about 7 years ago but I can see your point about colour matching to fill it if needs be. I’m probably being a bit picky!

Anything to consider with regard to going up in size from 800mm to 1600mm, other than a few more evenly spaced out screws. Hoping not too heavy for the wall, but am thinking 6 screws should do it? Currently have 3 in th 800mm

I have a couple of 1600mm Reina Diva Electric Chrome Towel Radiator from Luxus Design. I was less than impressed at installation time that the 4 mounts are 'chromed plastic' - but in practice you don't really notice that. I can't actually remember how they're mounted but the mounts obviously need to be into something strong-ish.

16 minutes ago, AdamD said:

Do I need to put anti freeze in? According to the instructions I do but this is something I hadn’t thought of!

Yes as it contains a corrosion inhibitor, or you will need a corrosion inhibitor. if it's not connected to anything else, use car antifreeze, cheap easy get hold of.

2 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Yes as it contains a corrosion inhibitor, or you will need a corrosion inhibitor. if it's not connected to anything else, use car antifreeze, cheap easy get hold of.

I read you only need it if it’s an electric one. This is connected to the gas pipes like so

IMG_9651.jpeg

1 hour ago, JohnMo said:

Sorry if you are connected to the CH system, that will have corrosion inhibitors in it ,so you don't need to add anything. If it was electric only you would.

Excellent news, thanks.

So it should be as simple as remove old one, fix new one to wall and install? 

On 27/10/2023 at 08:54, AdamD said:

Any advice as to which towel rail to go for? I literally have no idea in the difference in quality between say one from wickes and Victorian plumbing. Any advice appreciated 

Crosswater make some good ones that aren’ttoo pricy. I like their MPro range.