Building Control and Landscaping

patp

We were under the impression that the BCO would not sign off our project until the landscaping had all been completed. Our, private, BCO has just told us that he is not bothered about a few flowers! What have others found? I wonder if they like the big builders to leave their sites in a neat and tidy fashion?

Ours was signed off Subject to the correct paperwork being sent across , air test ,electrical and gas safety certificates and sap as built with the outside still completely unfinished no garden no drive no fences. 

Really wasn't bothered at all about it just said now your in you can take your time to get it done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patp said:

We were under the impression that the BCO would not sign off our project until the landscaping had all been completed. Our, private, BCO has just told us that he is not bothered about a few flowers! What have others found? I wonder if they like the big builders to leave their sites in a neat and tidy fashion?

At the risk of repeating myself 

BC arnt interested in planning matters 

Just that what you have done complies with building regs 

On our previous build I build a disabled access ramp out of ply and mineral felt and the 400 m2 of drive was hardcore BC simply added a foot note Disabled acces temporary but adequate Landscaping incomplete 

• Like 1

I also had a full landscape plan with loads of trees etc, no one even looked or cared at time of building sign off.

Tick in the box stuff at the planning stage. Something to hang you by, if someone complains later I suppose 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pocster said:

It’s more BS

I had to do a landscaping plan.

My architect laughed at it and said bco would never sign it off.

Signed it off immediately- another tick box exercise.

Did bco every inspect the landscaping ? - of course not .

I meant planning officer not bco !

ours won't sign off till disabled access pathway, parking and ramp are in, handrails round our patio / garden wall round front and they now want a SE drawing for the garden wall as its slightly more than 600 high at one end (and no I cant just build the ground up a wee bit in front), tarred Pavement and bellmouth done. All depends on the BCO you get on the day

35 minutes ago, Barryscotland said:

ours won't sign off till disabled access pathway, parking and ramp are in, handrails round our patio / garden wall round front and they now want a SE drawing for the garden wall as its slightly more than 600 high at one end (and no I cant just build the ground up a wee bit in front), tarred Pavement and bellmouth done. All depends on the BCO you get on the day

I wouldn't class any of that is landscaping really. That's all stuff you have to do and should be done prior to a building be classes as complete. 

Regarding landscaping I was told you can only claim the VAT on it if it’s in the planning and they never came round after I beat them in my appeal( I didn’t bother with any landscaping details in my application, it’s not BCO material.

Ah - thanks guys and gals. 

He did fail us on wheelchair access :( We did it in a hurry when HWMBO was coming out of hospital. Brickie has been back to discuss solutions which will involve stretching the existing one out, to make it less steep, and paving the path that had shingle allocated to it as a surface.