Scratched bathroom basin

Two months old and slight black scratches/marks are appearing...hard to see in a photograph but I thought I could detect a pattern maybe indicating a stress fracture emminating from where it's bolted to the wall.

Fitted it myself so was sure I didn't over tighten it and had the nylon bush property seated...visual check confirmed all was well underneath.

IMG_20170828_140304277.thumb.jpg.18e5beb4b111318736b67e86c3129301.jpg

Anyway, I worked it out.

Faffing around drying the basin with toilet paper to get a clear picture I realised that I'd just added an identical type of scratch in a new place!

It was my new Titanium wedding ring that's the culprit...maybe it's not Titanium and I was ripped off online again. Anyone ever heard of such a thing????

This is gold mate. Wedding rings even my gold one ( which I never take off for anything regardles of the possibility of being skinned alive, as losing it would involve me being skinned from head to foot anyway ) cause serious marking. Watch straps are the same. 

On the £3k Victoria and Albert bath I posted pics of recently I rubbed a mark off, just some sticky residue from the electrical tape I used ( as a reference marker for the taps before the job got started as the customer then went to Spain  for 3 weeeks ) and I noticed a small dark grey graze. I rubbed it vigorously and it eventually went, then another one. After two I realised I was making the chuffing new marks with my ring by rubbing off the other one. :D

Its only £3k lol. 

5 hours ago, Onoff said:

I have some, it sort of works. 

You could probably deal with dropping some foam on a basin. Not realising you squirted cleaner from the gun until some time later when you have a yellow blood spatter pattern all over the sink is not so effective. 

Every time I build enough Dutch courage, I take the foam eater and a razor blade to the sink to clean another postage stamp sized piece of ceramic real estate.

8 hours ago, daiking said:

Does it remove expanding foam residue...

Acetone and a plastic spatula. Let the acetone soften the foam for a minute. Keep away from stainless, polished and rubbers/plastics etc. But it wont harm ceramic. As long as it is ceramic.

As they always say; test an area first!