Vaillant ashp (my battle with).

Much as this might work in theory, looking at the brochure it seems designed to be fitted to a Grant ASHP. It might well work with other ASHPs or there might be a different generic version that I have missed, but if it is designed for Grant ASHPs they won’t want to fit it here.

If you were able to use the heater in the Grant low loss header, why couldn’t you use a backup heater in the ASHP which is why I think this has to be answered before almost anything else is considered. Maybe there is something going on that none of us know about.

Tbh we can suggest all sorts of things but Vaillant and the installer are unlikely to want to deviate too far from their normal practices which is something we have to consider.

1 hour ago, HughF said:

Gledhill make a decent product, I’ve just swapped in a stainless vented into my off grid place. Nice cylinder….

Not really related to this thread, but Ideal brand Gledhill cylinders to Ideal, sell them at cheaper prices to Gledhill branded ones. I bought an Ideal 210 slimline heat pump cylinder at £805 +vat, the same model Gledhill one was £987 +vat, from the same supplier.

1 hour ago, JohnMo said:

Not really related to this thread, but Ideal brand Gledhill cylinders to Ideal, sell them at cheaper prices to Gledhill branded ones. I bought an Ideal 210 slimline heat pump cylinder at £805 +vat, the same model Gledhill one was £987 +vat, from the same supplier.

Interesting…. Thanks for the info

Hi chaps, hugely grateful for these recent replies.

I've put the Q to my nice Vaillant woman, of possibly a slimmer but taller buffer (1200x300? I asked if they did one?).. or..

my very last gasp idea to put her way, of using a different mfr buffer. Which if this above fails, I'll ask.

If the installer kicks up a fuss & refuses another mfr's buffer, then Im stuffed. Back to square 1.

Thanks,  Zoot 

On 04/09/2023 at 07:15, Beelbeebub said:

Grant are, confusingly, a manufacturer of boilers and associated stuff. 

Aha! Crikey I was confused before..

Ok status is Im waiting for reply from my head office nice woman. Have put the different mfr buffer idea, tentatively to her. I'll mention Grant. 

Grateful to y'all, Zoot