Is my under sink plumbing OK?

iSelfBuild

I would rather of had the main bowl pipe coming straight down but there was no room in the cupboard for the dishwasher joint on the right hand side so I swapped it. Does this look alright before I solvent weld bits up?

Thanks!

20170815_220516.jpg

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

looks alright to me, but a plumber will be along shortly to advise properly.

The next electrician who wants to take that socket front off will swear at you. :ph34r:

Hahah

Well the sockets only just gone on so hopefully won't be off for many years. Kitchen is nearly finished now, so is my house. Only taken 20 months to renovate fully >.<

I'd bin the single trap that came with the sink and put independent traps on both the full and half sink, you can then link the dishwasher in where you need to. 

Those horizontal runs have a nasty habit of growing smelly gunge.  

9 hours ago, PeterW said:

I'd bin the single trap that came with the sink and put independent traps on both the full and half sink, you can then link the dishwasher in where you need to. 

Those horizontal runs have a nasty habit of growing smelly gunge.  

Yup. One combination trap to take the appliance, and one regular. The appliance connector on that one will allow all the noise from the discharging water to be audible from the sink waste, a bit like a loudspeaker. 

Make the waste pipework for the main bowl first, dry, no glue. Take the pipe immediately horizontal back to the rear of the unit, and then down to the outgoing water pipe, flat back against the rear of the unit to save space. Then cut a Y branch in on the vertical drop to accept the 1/2 bowl. Plumb that accordingly to avoid the socket.

Having it plumbed this way will see the waste water from the main bowl leaving nothing behind, and generating far less noise from the appliance connection. You will still hear it unless you go for two standard traps and one of these fitted into a compression tee on the vertical drop, just before it exits the back of the unit to outside 

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

The appliance connector on that one will allow all the noise from the discharging water to be audible from the sink waste, a bit like a loudspeaker. 

Agreed. Our current arrangement is like this, and it makes a hell of a racket when the dishwasher drains. 

• Like 1

Not sure how I did ours but we get the "dishwater loudspeaker" effect out of the half sink.  We have to put the sink plug is as our kitchen and living room are open plan.  It annoys me everytime I hear it - more so as I spent a hundred quid on marine insulation to deaden the sound of the dishwasher as it's on an island.  That works great can't hear it run, then the sodding thing pumps water out and it's ridiculously loud.

Edited by Calvinmiddle
Typo
  • Like 1

Based on my experience during our build, I don't know any good trades except our electrician and (to a lesser extent) groundworkers.

Actually, I've since become friendly with a really good plumber (not the one who did the build!) who's coming around soon to price up a list of stuff we want fixing and changing. This is on the list, for sure. We have an identical problem with the water softener.

4 minutes ago, Calvinmiddle said:

Not sure how I did ours but we get the "dishwater loudspeaker" effect out of the half sink.  We have to put the plug is as our kitchen and living room are open plan.  It annoys me everything I hear it - more so as I spent a hundred quid on marine insulation to deaden the sound of the dishwasher as it's on an island.  That works great can't hear it run, then the sodding thing pumps water out and it's ridiculously loud.

You now know the cure ;). Go buy the above fitting and a new trap and it'll be near silent. ?