Buying a digger

Vijay

Parked in a garden near here is a dumper, with a back hoe digger on the back. At first I thought what a brilliant bit of lateral thinking, until I realised where the back hoe was mounted, it was impossible to self load it.

Good idea, bad implementation.

Just got back from looking at a nice 4.75t digger. My friend who uses plant machinery was very happy with it, no leaks and really smooth movements in everything. My issue was the tracks. I was told 40-50% life left but I personally wasn't happy with them as I would have said 30-40% if lucky but they had a hell of a lot of splits, which were especially noticeable when the digger was moving.  At £800 a side plus fitting costs none of the " they've got plenty of life left in them" that the seller was saying sunk in.

Nice ... But not sure about the welding on that plate onto the dipper arm !!

Looks easy enough to fabricate without having to alter the arm, or create a simpler way of attaching. 

I saw something similar with the anvil stationary and the blade moving - this seems to copy that in reverse. 

Well a long morning today, 175 mile round trip and getting a little fed up. Saw two, both lovely machines but both not the spec they were advertised. One is supposed to be a 3t and was 2.6 (they even advertised the wrong model!!) and the other is supposed to be 3.5t and is 3.2. The first one is a hire place and the second a builder who bought from new, so I just don't get how they get it wrong.

I've also noticed so many people quoting wrong operating capacities, advertising 2.5 or 2.7 as 3t machines :(