An interesting shed - recycling at its best!

Stones

Guest Alphonsox

That looks really good - I want one too ! - but I would imagine fairly rare to find a big enough wooden boat being scrapped these days

Get a carvel hull and all will be good, or even better grp!

Boats are plummeting in value as more appear on the market- fibreglass doesn't die. The saying goes that a hull is worth nothing, to get the value of the boat you add up the cost of the bits bolted on to it. Bit depressing when you come to sell, mind.

One of my many thought about but not started projects was to do the doorway into the roof eaves from my son's bedroom as the TARDIS and then kit it out in there as a playroom / games room. Unsurprisingly it never happened! 

Yet another is an outside wc clad the same at the top of the garden slope. Gravity feeding into a biogas set up along with garden waste and solar thermal heating. I give you the.....

T.U.R.D.I.S

xD

• Like 1

There was a Grand Designs where in the boy's bedroom there was a Tardis in the corner. Open the door and it revealed a fireman's pole down to his play room immediately below. I often wonder what Building control made of that.

A pub in a coastal village over here for a while had an upturned boat hull (steel I believe) in its garden use for discos etc but the council objected and his application for planning permission to keep it was refused so it has now gone.

I think there is a lot of stuff added or removed post-completion on that programme.  I've lost count of the number of totally non-building regs compliant staircases there have been in that show, the favourite being no banister rail at all, just an open drop on one side.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I saw that one with the suicide staircase and couldn't work out how the hell they were allowed (not that you'd really want to do it!).

As for the boat/sheds, there are  a whole row of them on the island of Lindisfarne here in Northumberland    http://www.secrets-of-shed-building.com/lindisfarne-boat-sheds.html

Edited by curlewhouse