Foundation constructed in 4 weeks

JaneM

Thanks to the members of buildhub for the constructive advice and a good ground worker we have managed to get our foundations in. 

The archeological watching brief wasn't the problem we had feared and nothing was found to delay this first step of our build.

IMG_20170703_181222.jpg

IMG_20170711_113332.jpg

IMG_20170712_183814.jpg

IMG_20170720_204906.jpg

IMG_20170728_131331.jpg

• Like 4

Have you got the "this is a small space" feeling yet? We felt that way as the slab for basement and then ground floor got laid - with no walls it felt far too small!

Looks good and bodes well so keep the momentum up!

Thanks for your kind words, compliments and encouragement.

We won't be steaming ahead with the shell of the building because this is the point that my husband will be taking over the build.

The floor of the garage still needs to be done along with the facing bricks and some other bits and bobs that I'm not sure about.

We will be going back to p!anning to apply for non material changes.  We were lucky enough to win the competition that grand designs live were running for a consultation with Kevin McCloud.  It was very enlightening and made me realise the importance of the placement of the windows.

The floor area is much larger than I expected and we have decided reorientation of the stairs and moving a large window would allow us to look right through the sitting room from outside.

And yes, we do grow our own.