Can one paint a red expansion vessel white?

Question

We have an unvented system with two expansion vessels, a larger white one and a smaller red one.   We would like to paint the red one white, so it looks better in the room.  I understand the vessels are used to manage the water pressure and don't get hot. 

Would it be OK to paint the red one white?

Has anyone painted one of these?

I believe the colours signify different services, white being drinking water and red for a heating system i.e. not drinking water.

Could be wrong, but either way life is to short, get a hobby if that's all you have to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife is not happy with how our utility room looks with two expansion vessels one of which is red.     We have explored all sorts of ideas like having a wooden surround but it would take up a lot of space, and a cupboard in front of it (which we got but doesn't really work). 

1 hour ago, Question said:

My wife is not happy with how our utility room looks with two expansion vessels one of which is red.     We have explored all sorts of ideas like having a wooden surround but it would take up a lot of space, and a cupboard in front of it (which we got but doesn't really work). 

She’s got to go! :D  

No, seriously, find something else to worry about. 
Paint whatever you like, it is of zero consequence in actuality. All you need to do is apply a label stating “heating system - non potable service” on it and go for pink. 

I suspect you have many more of these suchlike items to deal with, if this is an issue, but that’s life!

Or, 

Close the cupboard door, move on with your lives. 😉🙃😵‍💫