Help an old man out?

craig

I don’t have much info to go with but one of the dads in a group I’m in has started a crowdfund to help a 90 year old man out who has been totally ripped off.

Massively ripped off and makes you really angry and sick. They have installed this as an external door, you can’t even lock it.

I have nothing but I can use to help. Looking to see if anyone in the kent area might have something that they can help with.

I wish I was joking but this is no joke from what I know. I’ll get the crowdfund link but I’m more hoping someone has a door they no longer need, that “might fit”.

image.thumb.png.6d801d91fb14a4a9f36eac0c58b5a0db.png

image.png.a80aa7c60a77ae39920286c6f94b05db.png

image.thumb.png.f584e77ed10900219aed1534efa2d61d.png

Edited by craig

I'm in Kent and might be able to help. Where in Kent roughly?

I've three uPVC doors / frames here I bought cheap, s/hand. Need to double check which one I need to use. They all I think open out with the hinge the other side to your pictures. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I'm in Kent and might be able to help. Where in Kent roughly?

I've three uPVC doors / frames here I bought cheap, s/hand. Need to double check which one I need to use. They all I think open out with the hinge the other side to your pictures. 

Click link above, post is open to all. I don’t know exact location unfortunately.

As said I don't do FB. I'm on there as in joined to try and get on a 3D printing group and in fact have only one "friend" on there - the bloke who suggested I join the group. Never used it since. 

Just looked at that Poppy Calouri and could find no post from her on 25 Feb 23 ref her dad?

I helped a traveller in our village once. Wanted water for his horse grazing on the verge up the road. Two days I'm walking across the village green and I pass the same chap chatting with someone. I say hi as I'm going past and get an earful of abuse from him. Next day he knocks on the door again asking for water. Told him go whistle.  They really are their own worse enemy.

I feel sorry for their kids. At the local Primary school they make a big fuss of students when they leave. These days schools worry about the transition to senior school and there are taster days at the new school etc. Last day the kids get invited onto the stage at assembly and the head asks which school they are going to next. They are given book/Amazon vouchers or similar. When it came to the travellers children they weren't able to answer because they wernt going to school ever again. The government comes down on you like a ton of bricks with fines if your kid misses a few days to go on holiday but if you don't register them for a school nobody seems to notice.

• Thanks 1

HOWEVER, when I lived in Shropshire I knew a REAL gypsy and he was as honest as the day was long, he bought some scrap off me and had no change so I told him “ you owe  me a Pound,”  I bumped into him a year later and remembered and insisted he paid me that pound. 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by joe90
  • Like 1

Quick update, we eventually received the daughters number, one of our install teams are going out on Sunday to survey and we’ve had numerous offers of free doors, trims, mastic etc.

The auld man is going to be treated well, and he’ll have a well finished and nice looking door after this. Kent news apparently want to cover the story but that’s not what we’re all doing this for.

The window industry might have a bad rep and rightly so on occasions but it is also full of really nice and helpful people.

I’ll post an update once it’s surveyed/installed. To those that donated to the just giving page, it’s not reached it’s target, it’s unlikely to be needed and I’ll find out whats happening with the donations. Thank you.

Edited by craig
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, craig said:

Quick update, we eventually received the daughters number, one of our install teams are going out on Sunday to survey and we’ve had numerous offers of free doors, trims, mastic etc.

The auld man is going to be treated well, and he’ll have a well finished and nice looking door after this. Kent news apparently want to cover the story but that’s not what we’re all doing this for.

The window industry might have a bad rep and rightly so on occasions but it is also full of really nice and helpful people.

I’ll post an update once it’s surveyed/installed.

Outstanding mate. Restores faith in humanity, when people jump in and help someone in need. :) 

• Like 2