Plot with outline PP and fictitious final drawings.

flanagaj

So I have come across a plot of land with OPP being marketed by Savills.   Having cross referenced the application online, it is very clear that their advert of "with full PP" is blatantly incorrect and I am concerned that they are trying it on.   The plot has OPP and when I look at the documents online at the LPA I see the following drawing (Image1).   On the agents advert, they also show the two drawings of a finalised property and floor plan.

Having looked on street view, the next door property and the remainder of the road is full of the properties shown in image 4.   So what I am trying to deduce is what due diligence can be done to determine whether the proposed house is something that would be acceptable to the planners, before parting with the cash.   My main concern here, is that the block plan which was submitted as part of the OPP application is nothing like images 2 / 3 and I am concerned that those drawings have been made up to try and sell the plot even though you'd never get that approved in the FPP application.

Thanks

Image1.PNG

Image2.PNG

Image3.PNG

Image4.PNG

Firstly get confirmation of full or outline planning.

the sketch and photo are not that dissimilar so I would say the scheme/appearance is reasonable.

you could put in offer/purchase conditional on planning being granted for the proposed house

Firstly get confirmation of full or outline planning.

the sketch and photo are not that dissimilar so I would say the scheme/appearance is reasonable.

you could put in offer/purchase conditional on planning being granted for the proposed house

The LPA searches going back 5 years show no FPP application.   I'll speak with the agent regarding what you suggest, eg offer based on the FPP being accepted based on the proposed house.

You need to go though all the "Application for approval of details reserved by condition" and check all the conditions of the outline planning are resolved. There's lots of planning history including a couple of Appeals (one lost, one won)

It does look like it could be all in order, but some reading is required.

https://publicaccess.westberks.gov.uk/online-applications/propertyDetails.do?activeTab=relatedCases&keyVal=000QKS00LI000

1 hour ago, flanagaj said:

what I am trying to deduce is what due diligence can be done to determine whether the proposed house is something that would be acceptable to the planners, before parting with the cash. 

• Go through the contents of  this line by line , document by document
  • Focus on the access issue (because the Planners seem to have a concern there)
  • I'd be interested in why there was (were) an Appeal(s) about access

Whenever there is so much documentation about one plot , my (remaining) fingertips begin to tingle. 

After you have mastered the brief (as it were) then talk to the agent: make sure the agent knows that you are thoroughly conversant with all the detail. Forewarned - forearmed.  

• Go through the contents of  this line by line , document by document
  • Focus on the access issue (because the Planners seem to have a concern there)
  • I'd be interested in why there was (were) an Appeal(s) about access

Whenever there is so much documentation about one plot , my (remaining) fingertips begin to tingle. 

Thanks for the link.  I have not looked at an application with just OPP before, so the reserved matters are new to me.  I do see that the plans on the agents site are from the reserved matters which were approved.

Looks like they've made a start with the dropped kerb.

Definitely need a condition report and loads of photos of that road surface before starting.  

Yes.  That must be quite a recent video taken.   Can you clarify what you mean by  "Definitely need a condition report and loads of photos of that road surface before starting. "  what is the potential issues that one could face here?

21 minutes ago, flanagaj said:

Yes.  That must be quite a recent video taken.   Can you clarify what you mean by  "Definitely need a condition report and loads of photos of that road surface before starting. "  what is the potential issues that one could face here?

Neighbours or Council could say you have damaged the road surface and worse case make you resurface.

It is feasible that the layout drawing was included with the opp. The reasons for not asking for full pp woukd be to avoid surveys and reports, and allows for variations to be made in the final app. 

You can't rely on most agents for the full story,  but must ask, and see the full conditions.

I was present at a council meeting when a similar situation arose. The plot had opp. But also had a building design. 

Some councillors wanted to object but were told that they could only vote on the basis of the new information, ie conditions and details.