Trying to live with Airsource

Alfapat

1 hour ago, Alfapat said:

1FFB182B-EF52-4D16-832D-226B01BF918C.thumb.jpeg.0c7502ea1282f06abc7c6bc20ef8caf3.jpeg

What is the symbol above the 1 of 41 in this picture, sory I am not familliar with this controller.

It is looking to me like about 41 is what the water leaving temperature is set to and you need to find where to turn that up?

33 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

have you checked the temperature coming out of the tap? The sensor might be faulty, there's generally a calibration function in the menu too.

The temp is reflective of what is indicated , but I will measure it. 

19 minutes ago, ProDave said:

What is the symbol above the 1 of 41 in this picture, sory I am not familliar with this controller.

It is looking to me like about 41 is what the water leaving temperature is set to and you need to find where to turn that up?

It’s a temp signal your seeing which then indicates the circ temp

33 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Yes that is the circulation temperature, water is shown at the tap symbol .

The circ temp is feeding either the heat temp for rads or water but not both.

Edited by Alfapat

33 minutes ago, Alfapat said:

Do I put circ temp back to 50 c and hope the water gets up to that . 

I thought we had discussed you were going to set that to 56 degrees, so yes that's what you need to do and I thought you already had.

10 hours ago, Alfapat said:

Yes that’s what I did , well it doesn’t go to that, only 55  is max  and that hasn’t helped , 45 circ temp just now and DHW 40 . Switching back to fifty.

So are you saying you have set the water temperature from the ASHP to 55 degrees yet it is still only delivering water from the ASHP at 45 degrees which in turn is only getting the tank to 40 degrees?

If so either something is stopping the ASHP reaching that set temperature, i.e. absorbing the heat as fast as it can produce it (which is why I asked if the heating was on as well) or the ASHP is faulty?

Or you are not understanding the settings and not setting what you think you are which is where we really need someone who knows this particular heat pump to advise.

On 13/01/2023 at 20:52, Alfapat said:

Thanks Guys , once again , who is right about cylinder , I have no had any comments from an ashp service local to here or Black isle renewables , who have washed their hands to repairing or looking after this. 

I have set the flow to 51 and cylinder to 49 , so will see what happens.

I will look at manual for clues.

Looking at a booklet that I have on the tank its described as a unvented Hot Water Cylinder which can have up to three water coils. 

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

So are you saying you have set the water temperature from the ASHP to 55 degrees yet it is still only delivering water from the ASHP at 45 degrees which in turn is only getting the tank to 40 degrees?

If so either something is stopping the ASHP reaching that set temperature, i.e. absorbing the heat as fast as it can produce it (which is why I asked if the heating was on as well) or the ASHP is faulty?

Or you are not understanding the settings and not setting what you think you are which is where we really need someone who knows this particular heat pump to advise.

Yes , it does look like that , not only the settings not getting there and so much power required , sometimes reluctant to cut in when you look at thermostat down to .5 below set house temp and sometimes not kicking in at all, this can be over ridden of course by bumping up the setting and dropping again. That I know is a different problem but is overcome.

Yes I might give Sugplumb a ring , and ask a few questions.

This morning with no use of Hot water the figures are Circ 52.8 and DHW 39    Rads warm and Thermostat calling for heat small flame icon on Danfoss

There should be 2 different setting for flow temp.  Your heating runs at one temp and then cylinder heating should have a different figure.  So when cylinder heating the heat pump should ramp up to max temp.  If you are just adjust the heating flow temp you are not changing the cylinder heating parameters.

31 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

There should be 2 different setting for flow temp.  Your heating runs at one temp and then cylinder heating should have a different figure.  So when cylinder heating the heat pump should ramp up to max temp.  If you are just adjust the heating flow temp you are not changing the cylinder heating parameters.

Ok , so heating runs at one temperature , that is showing on the control as 20/21 degrees which is what the room thermostat is asking and eventually receives . right ?

The cylinder or circ temp in the heating tank is 36.2. 

The heating flow temp is the same as the heating tank temperature . 

I wonder if you are talking about Hot water tank temperature. That is set to 48 degrees and if hot water is required and falls below by 5 degrees then the flow temp kicks in which should be up to 50 degrees which its set to , heats the water back up.

Edited by Alfapat

The cylinder should have its own flow temp, not the temperature it's at or target temperature.  It's flow temperature from the heat pump. So when your heat pump gets a signal to heat cylinder, it moves the 3 port valve and flows at a different temp to what you have set the central heating flow temp.

4 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

The cylinder should have its own flow temp, not the temperature it's at or target temperature.  It's flow temperature from the heat pump. So when your heat pump gets a signal to heat cylinder, it moves the 3 port valve and flows at a different temp to what you have set the central heating flow temp.

There are only two temps surely , I don't have a separate heating tank temp. ,on the controller, its whatever the flow temp. that sets the tank temp for heating, which should always be up there. eg 50.c

No you should have two temperature settings for the water flow out of the heat pump, one high - for heating the DHW and one lower for running the radiators. At any given time there should be heat in only one circuit, DHW tank coil or Radiators, never both. 

5 minutes ago, Alfapat said:

There are only two temps surely , I don't have a separate heating tank temp. ,on the controller, its whatever the flow temp. that sets the tank temp for heating, which should always be up there. eg 50.c

This is where I keep hoping for someone that knows this ASHP comes along.

On my own LG therma V heat pump there are easy "user controls" for target hot water temperature, and (if you use the built in thermostat room temperature)

But there are also settings for "water leaving temperature in heating mode" and "water leaving temperature in hot water mode"  Those are far more complicated to adjust being "parameters" not settings.

What we are trying to achieve with your heat pump is the "water leaving temperature in hot water mode" to be about 55 degrees and hot water target temperature to be about 49 degrees.  Remember these might be called something completely different on your heat pump and god knows how you adjust them.

The water leaving temperature must be set higher than the target temperature of the tank or it will never get there.

5 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

No you should have two temperature settings for the water flow out of the heat pump, one high - for heating the DHW and one lower for running the radiators. At any given time there should be heat in only one circuit, DHW tank coil or Radiators, never both. 

First of all the hot water is set for the tank at 48.c , the flow temperature is sat at 50.c at present , so the hot water tank should reach that 48.c. On this system I have at present set the flow temp at 50.c , so that flow switches to heating once the water reaches 48.c

7 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Do you have a systems diagram of your setup that may have been left by the installer, first or second but second preferably?

No , never any handover Manual by either. I have downloaded that and following the field settings I cant see for the life of me Why its so wrong .There are schematics so let me ind one that suits my set up.

Looks like you can turn on the immersion heater to get the bath problem sorted.

Not sue that 2Deg C is sufficient difference to get the tank to ever reach the 48Deg C figure, has it ever reached 48 with the 50Deg setting? As the actual temperature out of the ASHP will be much lower by the time it reaches the tank coil almost no matter how much insulation you have. So you need a few more degrees on that setting  otherwise it won't get to temperature and switch to heating. 18Kw is loads so you should have no problem delivering serious quantities of HW to the tank but the temp must be high enough to overcome the losses in the system.